Windows 10: computer non-functional after download of 10

Discus and support computer non-functional after download of 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After downloading windows 10 on my refurbished HP computer, there is a start page but when the password page comes up there is just an eye like symbol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by satbend, Jun 18, 2016.

1. satbend Win User

computer non-functional after download of 10

After downloading windows 10 on my refurbished HP computer, there is a start page but when the password page comes up there is just an eye like symbol and nothing happens when I enter my password and click enter or click on the eye. Now the computer is useless. Also the touchscreen didn't work with the 8.1 OS and it still doesn't work. Otherwise things were fine before the 10 download. Help, and make it easy for someone who doesn't know much computer language!

:)

satbend, Jun 18, 2016
  2. DeeKraft Win User

Keyboard non functional after Windows 10 update.

My display is fine. My display keyboard is fine. My plug in keyboard is fine. The problem on the link you sent me to is for a blurry screen. ?????

It seems pretty clear that this is a problem between my internal keyboard and the new version of Windows. It HAS the newest drivers, I've checked, and checked again. This update was a disaster.

Next idea, please?

DeeKraft, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Keyboard non functional after Windows 10 update.

A discrepancy with the compatibility of the driver and Windows 10 might have resulted in a screen resolution issue. To resolve this, kindly upgrade your Windows 10; then roll back the driver to the previous version. You may refer to the solution provided
    by DaveM121's or to Andre Da Costa's solution posted

here

Get back to us should you need help.

Vanessa Oca, Jun 18, 2016
  4. computer non-functional after download of 10

Welcome aboard, Satbend.

Can you give us the model number of your machine, and list any hardware changes you had made to it?

Vince Massi, Jun 18, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    If you upgrade Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to Windows 10, you have 30 days during which you can roll back (return to) the previously install OS.

Follow these instructions: How to Go Back to the Previous Windows from Windows 10

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

computer non-functional after download of 10

1. computer non-functional after download of 10 - Similar Threads - computer non functional

2. Moved my computer and Realtek became non functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my computer and Realtek became non functional: Dell XPS 8920 Desktop Win 10.I bought this sound system when the computer was new and never had a single issue.I moved my computer 400 miles in the back seat of my truck and when powered up at the new home, I had lost audio out from my computer. I have tried everything to get...
  3. Moved my computer and Realtek became non functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my computer and Realtek became non functional: Dell XPS 8920 Desktop Win 10.I bought this sound system when the computer was new and never had a single issue.I moved my computer 400 miles in the back seat of my truck and when powered up at the new home, I had lost audio out from my computer. I have tried everything to get...
  4. Moved my computer and Realtek became non functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Non functioning microphone

Non functioning microphone: microphone is not working. video recording is working without audio. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-microphone/b60c63ed-8832-4a9a-9fde-8da4c83a72cf
  6. Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update: After installing the latest update of Windows 10, 'Settings" in my HP 430 laptop is not responding. Please suggest remedial measure to be adopted to solve this problem. Since settings is not responding, I am not in a position to try trouble shooting, restoring to previous...
  7. Non Functioning webcam

Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  8. USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot: I have been wrestling with this problem for the last month. I have: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard (v1.0) 16 GB RAM EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card. 1 TB SSD (Crucial) 1 TB WD hard drive Originally this box was running Win 7 Ultimate. When I first tried to upgrade...
  9. Computer non functional after updating to 1809 from 1709

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer non functional after updating to 1809 from 1709: UPDATE: After being in contact with ASUS and Intel which both recommended I run Memtest86, which produced a lot of errors. I have been in contact with Corsair, and am currently in the process of doing an RMA for the memory modules with them. I have sent them the modules, but...
  10. Troubleshooter non-functional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshooter non-functional: I just tried to run my troubleshooter, however says try again later. This is the first time I have ever seen this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooter-non-functional/8756885e-989a-46f3-87b5-9c8170ef89dc