Windows 10: Computer not able to access one DFS path

Discus and support Computer not able to access one DFS path in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Here's the situation: A computer doesn't have access to a DFS path. The same user can access the dfs when he tries from another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bsilvamtl, Jul 9, 2019.

1. bsilvamtl Win User

Computer not able to access one DFS path

Hello all,

Here's the situation:

A computer doesn't have access to a DFS path. The same user can access the dfs when he tries from another computer. The drive maps is deployed by GPO. The GPO is configured for Users, not computers.

These are the steps that I followed:

1 - If I map manually the path without using dfs, it works. If I try access using the dfs path... nope.

2 - The netlogon on the computer is running (as automatic).

3 - Removed the pc from the domain and rejoining. Same issue after that.

4 - There's no \ in the end of the DFS path, and it's not an issue on other PC's.

These are the errors from Event Viewer:

Event ID: 8192

Task Category: (2)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: SYSTEM

Description:

The user 'N:' preference item in the 'GPO - DRIVE MAPS {....}' Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070035 The network path was not found.' See trace file for more details.

AND

Event ID: 7320

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords:

Description:
    Error: Computer determined to be not in a site. Error code 0x77F.

:)

bsilvamtl, Jul 9, 2019

2. Microsoft DFS Folder Access Issue

Hi,

I am migrating DFS name space from Windows 2003 to Windows 2016 in Stand alone DFS with Cluster Environment.

I am facing issue that after creating DFS name space role in windows 2016 that Folder - Folder access through \\DFSNameSpace\Shared Folder\DFS links or Shares

I am expecting that DFS Name space can be accessed like \\DFSNameSpace\DFS links or Shares. This way I am able to access in windows 2003.

NaveenMurthy266, Jul 9, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Computer not able to access one DFS path

how to sync dfs namespace server into work folders??

we have data in DFS name space server, we need to sync DFS server with work folder, how to integrate DFS to work folder?? if its possible suggest the way to do it.

srithanigaivel, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Computer not able to access one DFS path

1. Computer not able to access one DFS path - Similar Threads - Computer able access

2. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  3. Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to path is denied but path is unrestricted access for all options?: I'm trying to launch the game Batman Arkham Asylum, and getting the error message Unhandled exception... Access to the path "C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Square Enix\BAA\BmGame\Config\UserEngine.ini is denied."Thing is, I have full access to that path and even when I...
  4. Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path: OK i have been scouring the internet to find the issue but i cant seem to figure this out. About 2 weeks or so we started to have an issue where on boot user drives wont map correctly. We have the user drives mapped to a folder in the \\domain\Public namespace but for some...
  5. 2 node DFS only replicating one way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 node DFS only replicating one way: I have 2 nodes server A2012r2 and server B2022. Server A is an old file server we are replacing and server B will be the new file server. Once users are migrated over to server B we will shut down server A. I have set up a DFS share between the 2 servers. It appears that all...
  6. 2 node DFS only replicating one way

2 node DFS only replicating one way: I have 2 nodes server A2012r2 and server B2022. Server A is an old file server we are replacing and server B will be the new file server. Once users are migrated over to server B we will shut down server A. I have set up a DFS share between the 2 servers. It appears that all...
  7. computer is not able to access the Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not able to access the Server: Communication over LAN: scenario: Computer A and Server B at same data network.a. Suddenly the computer is not able to access the Server B.What can be the root cause? and steps to solve it?[moved from de-de]...
  8. computer is not able to access the Server

computer is not able to access the Server: Communication over LAN: scenario: Computer A and Server B at same data network.a. Suddenly the computer is not able to access the Server B.What can be the root cause? and steps to solve it?[moved from de-de]...
  9. Win10 computer suddenly not able to access ONE of the computers on my

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 computer suddenly not able to access ONE of the computers on my: As of three weeks ago, my Win10 laptop suddenly thinks it doesn't have permission to access ONE of the other computers on my home network. It had been working until then. [Note: most of this post is copied from the post I made in the Microsoft Community windows forum shortly...
  10. Be able to access computer via tv?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Be able to access computer via tv?: How to access computer on Sony Bravia TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/be-able-to-access-computer-via-tv/4ea30deb-ea2f-4853-b678-9e662b4bc4b4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dfs network path not found