Windows 10: computer not able to make internet connection through router(s)

Discus and support computer not able to make internet connection through router(s) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple days ago the computer's internet access ( DSL ) failed. This was with a Western Digital MyNet600. I checked with the ISP's tech support (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by randyw01, Oct 2, 2019.

1. randyw01 Win User

computer not able to make internet connection through router(s)

A couple days ago the computer's internet access ( DSL ) failed. This was with a Western Digital MyNet600. I checked with the ISP's tech support ( ATT ), who tested the line each time I called them; on their side the line is clean.

I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable ( to the modem of course ).

The Western Digital tech support concluded the LAN port is faulty.

With the WD router I can see the local network, but no internet connection.

I tried a Linksys N300 router; in storage, used a few times. The installation fails, suggesting that the router and modem are not connected. Since the process fails, no local network access. Strangely there is a wireless connection it broadcasts, and it works.

I then tried a Netgear MR814; the installation process fails. It successfully knows the connection is a PPoE but fails the rest of the way. Similar to the Linksys problem it suggests the router and modem are not connected. The router does broadcast a signal that appears as an available network, but it doesn't work as a working connection since the router isn't set up.

I have tried two different cables on the router-to-modem connection.

Is this some type of OS corruption?

Getting frustrated here.

:)

randyw01, Oct 2, 2019
  2. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Oct 2, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Oct 2, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

computer not able to make internet connection through router(s) [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

computer not able to make internet connection through router(s) [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. computer not able to make internet connection through router(s) - Similar Threads - computer able internet

2. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  5. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  6. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to connect to DVR through router

Unable to connect to DVR through router: I have installed a DVR with cameras. I can access the router and see that the DVR is connected to the router. I cannot get Windows to connect to it.I am running Windows 10 Version 2004.I have a recommended CMS program installed and when I try to add the cameras it reports...
  8. Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi

Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi: Good morning. Last night I was working by connecting the laptop to the internet through phone. All of a sudden it was disconnected and from that time I am not able to see the available devices in my network option. Only the Airplane mode is there. Please have a look:...
  9. No internet connection using a new router

No internet connection using a new router: Hello! I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password & such, and tried to use it. I discovered that the wifi is working great but my desktop is connected to the router via ethernet and...
  10. One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router

One computer only connecting to Internet via Ethernet in Router: Hi everyone, Currently my setup is modem-> Asus 68U Router-> 24 port switch There are a couple of things that go direct to my router, but for the most part everything goes into the switch including 3 different computers. Yesterday that power went out at my house and...