Windows 10: Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Discus and support Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MlgGuy, Nov 30, 2021.

1. MlgGuy Win User

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it was in GPT format. after which i wanted to re install the windows 7 but it asked for mbr format so i Converted it succesfully to mbr through easeus partition . after i installed the windows i wanted to convert it back to gpt which was succesful but a blinking underscore is coming. I will be thankful if there is a fix for

:)

MlgGuy, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Smittychat., Nov 30, 2021
  3. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert mbr to gpt

There is a way to convert mbr to gpt without data loss. clean command deletes all datas inside the disk, so dont use this command

boot with windows dvd , and get into command prompt

type diskpart , find the disk number , which is need to convert mbr to gpt

say disk number is 0

exit diskpart

type below command in command prompt

mbr2gpt /convert /disk:0

wait for some minutes to complete , once you get commpleted successfuly means, exit and close ,

shutdown the pc , remove windows dvd

important

After the disk has been converted to GPT partition style, the firmware must be reconfigured to boot in UEFI mode.

Make sure that your device supports UEFI before attempting to convert the disk.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

1. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - Computer Booting Converting

2. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  9. Problems after convert MBR to GPT

Problems after convert MBR to GPT: I was having issues with BSOD while playing games and was recommend to either reset or fresh install. I have a M.2 WD black as my system disk partitioned with one other partition. I have a 500 gig WD blue 2 partitions one for backup\programs and other as downloads and another...
  10. Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?: I've just recently re-installed Windows on my laptop. I had the hard drive set to a GPT format disk since my system supports and previously used UEFI boot, but this install wouldn't allow it so I just went to MBR again.. Is there a way to convert the currently MBR type...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Asus p8h61 gpt disk wont boot

2. system cant boot after converting mbr to gpt

3. after convert mbr to gpt system no boot