Windows 10: Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive

Discus and support Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to encrypt C drive with BitLocker but I was getting error for TPM so I enabled TPM and turn on BitLocker, after the restart my computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moiezm, May 11, 2020.

1. moiezm Win User

Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive

I was trying to encrypt C drive with BitLocker but I was getting error for TPM so I enabled TPM and turn on BitLocker, after the restart my computer is not booting. When I power on I get AD Ready to Boot event code on motherboard and computer turn off after 10-15 seconds.

:)

moiezm, May 11, 2020

2. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but maybe i missed something. Help please.

xBrokenxSoulx, May 11, 2020
  3. Bitlocker vague error message enabling on boot drive

Trying to enable bitlocker on my boot drive:

I have a TPM chip installed and cleared and in the TPM MMC console this shows as ready for use

I have UEFI boot enabled and confirm that msinfo32 shows boot mode as UEFI

I have GPT Partition on my boot disk (I did have to convert this using the mbr2gpt utility)

When I try to enable bitlocker on c: drive it comes back with very unhelpful error "The data is invalid" after doing some checks.

When I try to enable I see in the event log event ID811 from source Bitlocker-API

"BitLocker cannot use Secure Boot for integrity because the required UEFI variable 'PK' is not present."

Any ideas here? This is Windows 10 1709 build

Thanks

SteveOWilson, May 11, 2020
  4. Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive

Enabling pre-boot pin with a TPM

How can I enable a pre-boot PIN with a TPM installed and the drive is BitLocked? (Windows Pro)

RaymondNewman, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive

1. Computer Not Booting After I Enabled TPM and Bitlocker for C Drive - Similar Threads - Computer Booting Enabled

2. Boot fails after enabling bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot fails after enabling bitlocker: Hi! After enabling Bitlocker on my Windows 10 system drive I'm unable to boot. I have turned on Bitlocker on my C drive with the full-drive encryption and new-not-backward-compatible-encryption options not sure how are the options exactly called. I have backed up the recovery...
  3. Crahing after enabling TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crahing after enabling TPM: Hi everyone.I have a custom built PC running a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor on a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2 AM4 ATX Motherboard with windows 11.When i originallly built the computer I had no problems with the TPM. Then about 6 months after the build it started crashing...
  4. Crahing after enabling TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crahing after enabling TPM: Hi everyone.I have a custom built PC running a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor on a Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2 AM4 ATX Motherboard with windows 11.When i originallly built the computer I had no problems with the TPM. Then about 6 months after the build it started crashing...
  5. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?: Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the PowerShell console to enter the following command :"Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint $env:SystemDrive -EncryptionMethod...
  6. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?: Hello everyone,I recently tried to activate BitLocker using the TPM on my computer, without success.Here is the error I get at startup: When I open the PowerShell console to enter the following command :"Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint $env:SystemDrive -EncryptionMethod...
  7. BitLocker could not be enabled - TPM or BIOS problem?

8. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  9. TPM not working on Drive C

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TPM not working on Drive C: Hello. I did a fresh format of my computer and I couldn’t turn the BitLocker on on Drive C. The weird thing is I can turn BitLocker on my other HDDs. Whenever I try to turn the BitLocker on C, I get this message “Provider Load Failure.” I tried disabling, clearing, enabling...
  10. Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable BitLocker with TPM only: I'm having a hard time getting BitLocker to work the same way on my newly built desktop as it does on my Surface Pro 3, i.e. the drive is unlocked instantly with the TPM and I go straight to the windows login screen. When I try to configure BitLocker it just wants me to plug...