Windows 10: Computer not booting from CD

Discus and support Computer not booting from CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title sugest, I am having problems booting from a CD I have already set it as a priority in the BIOS as well as setting legacy first It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatheusManfrin, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Computer not booting from CD

As the title sugest, I am having problems booting from a CD

I have already set it as a priority in the BIOS as well as setting legacy first

It shows the "press any key to boot from cd" but when I do that the windows icon apears, it loads shortly and it never shows the window with boot options, just a black screen

I have also tried to use System Recovery but again, only a black screen

The problem is not in the cd, it reads perfectly on my friends pc

I have already tried this with a pen drive and same result

It's a Lenovo G50 if it helps

Thank you in advance

:)

MatheusManfrin, Jan 25, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2019
  4. t260g Win User

Computer not booting from CD

cannot boot from CD

i have an old p4, i cannot get into windows at all, and im confronted with the screen that gives you the options:

safe mode
    safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt
    last known good config
    start windows normally

ive tried all of them, and the computer will restart regardless on what i choose. what i want to do is boot from cd so i can reformat. but ive tried everything in the bios to set the cd as priority one. it WILL NOT BOOT FROM CD. it goes straight from POST to that screen. i have tried different copies of XP, but no luck. ive removed everything except the keyboard, monitor and power cable on the pc, no external storage devices attached. i reset the cmos, nothing there. i simply cannot get it to boot from cd, so i cannot reformat

any suggestions?

t260g, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Computer not booting from CD

1. Computer not booting from CD - Similar Threads - Computer booting

2. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  3. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  4. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...: After facing this issue I at first pressed set up new pin but it said to look for an app in the windows store which didn't work, then I pressed on restart while holding the shift button and then pressed troubleshooting. No matter which option I choose after that it wants my...
  5. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...: After facing this issue I at first pressed set up new pin but it said to look for an app in the windows store which didn't work, then I pressed on restart while holding the shift button and then pressed troubleshooting. No matter which option I choose after that it wants my...
  6. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell i7 core computer looping though blue green red black and white while booting: My dell computer while its booting up loops through blue red green white and black and it wont stop i need help.**moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other***...
  8. Computer freezes during system boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  9. Computer freezes during system boot up

Computer freezes during system boot up: I have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop model# G513QM that has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor that operates on Windows 11. I had been playing a game online that was being a little laggy so I decided to restart my computer. Upon doing so the system now freezes at the Republic of...
  10. WIndows XP Computer cant boot

WIndows XP Computer cant boot: When i turn on the computer i see the windows xp logo, and then its a black screen.When i go to safe mode it tries to make me activate winodws, which cant happen because its in safe mode.My computer came with XP so i do not have the disc to restore it.Prior to this, i tried...