Windows 10: computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update

Discus and support computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Since the last windows update was installed, when I try to boot my laptop it comes up with the brand screen on the first attempt, then wont go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by binits, Nov 15, 2020.

1. binits Win User

computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update

Hello,

Since the last windows update was installed, when I try to boot my laptop it comes up with the brand screen on the first attempt, then wont go any further. I then hold the power button to shut down, then wait 30 seconds and try again and it boots normally.

Any thoughts?

:)

binits, Nov 15, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Computer won't boot after attempting Windows 10 Update

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you download the
    Media creation tool
    to create an installation media.

Once you have an installation media, you can use it to restore the system from a system restore point. To do that, follow these steps:

• Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might
      not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems,
      but it won’t affect your personal files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 15, 2020
  4. computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update

Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update

1. computer not booting on first attempt after last windows update - Similar Threads - computer booting attempt

2. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  3. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps crashing after first boot: So for about the last two months after booting my computer for the first time, within the first 15 mins it starts to stutter or freeze before rebooting itself. The screen used to just go to black before restarting without the blue screen or an error message but more recently...
  4. Computer keeps crashing after first boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update: During an update I lost power. When I rebooted later it did a disk scan so I let it run. And today it won't boot up. Sometimes when I try I get a black screen with just a cursor, sometimes I get a blue screen with a link to Microsoft's stopcode help page and the error code...
  6. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  7. Stop updating computers when they are first booting!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop updating computers when they are first booting!: Microsoft. For Christ sake THINK! I'm booting my laptop because i have important time critical work to do. And you TAKE MY COMPUTER HOSTAGE TO INSTALL UPDATES! Get a hint. Your UPDATE POLICY SUCKS. And in the range of SUCKING, installing updates at boot time is THE...
  8. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch normally, or...
  9. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update on Tuesday, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch...
  10. First boot after monthly updates unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    First boot after monthly updates unresponsive: Hey All. Wonder if anyone could suggest a way to analyze (to understand why this is like that) the following problem my computer has been having for few months now: After monthly updates, on first boot and on first boot only, after I login, Windows is unresponsive. If I do...