Windows 10: Computer not booting

Discus and support Computer not booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer will not boot. I have tried a system restore using the installation media, but it wouldnt work. I have tried just about everything on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CanonShaw, Nov 8, 2018.

1. CanonShaw Win User

Computer not booting

My computer will not boot. I have tried a system restore using the installation media, but it wouldnt work. I have tried just about everything on the internet, and nothing works. There is nothing wrong with my hardware (i tested it), and i keep getting a blue screen with a stopcode DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG. I googled to see what that code meant and how to fix it, but it never worked. Please help me.(btw i have the installation disc)

:)

CanonShaw, Nov 8, 2018

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 8, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Computer not booting

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Computer not booting

1. Computer not booting - Similar Threads - Computer booting

2. I have Dell PC with message no boot device available. How do I wipe computer with this error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Dell PC with message no boot device available. How do I wipe computer with this error?: I have tried all suggestions for black screen of death. I just want to wipe computer and I have no way to access command prompt or restore windows or reset....
  3. I have Dell PC with message no boot device available. How do I wipe computer with this error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Dell PC with message no boot device available. How do I wipe computer with this error?: I have tried all suggestions for black screen of death. I just want to wipe computer and I have no way to access command prompt or restore windows or reset....
  4. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear: Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\microsoft-vm-core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-boot-up-my-computer-a-java-virtual/9ef31125-f962-46b8-9359-3b922b90dfc0
  5. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear: Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\microsoft-vm-core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-boot-up-my-computer-a-java-virtual/9ef31125-f962-46b8-9359-3b922b90dfc0
  6. everytime i boot up my computer, a "java virtual machine launcher" appear

7. Can I get some help booting my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get some help booting my computer?: I need help with booting my computer. After the windows update my computer has not been starting. It goes into a loop after starting the computer. The screen reads “Undoing changes made to your computer…”. After a while it pops up a message that says “Your device ran into a...
  8. Can I get some help booting my computer?

Can I get some help booting my computer?: I need help with booting my computer. After the windows update my computer has not been starting. It goes into a loop after starting the computer. The screen reads “Undoing changes made to your computer…”. After a while it pops up a message that says “Your device ran into a...
  9. Computer stuck on black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen on boot: Hi, yesterday i turned off my pc and when i turned it on again, it showed first an all white screen, then, when i force turned off it and returned it on, its giving me a black screen. I tried going into safe mode, but i cant reach the blue screen. There was a point when it...
  10. Computer stuck on black screen on boot

Computer stuck on black screen on boot: Hi, yesterday i turned off my pc and when i turned it on again, it showed first an all white screen, then, when i force turned off it and returned it on, its giving me a black screen. I tried going into safe mode, but i cant reach the blue screen. There was a point when it...