Windows 10: Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update

Discus and support Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows 10 computer in the library where I live has a message that says the May Update is on its way but the computer is not compatible. A link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hesed3, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Hesed3 Win User

Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update

The Windows 10 computer in the library where I live has a message that says the May Update is on its way but the computer is not compatible. A link showed an article that says they are now using ML to update units using the April 2018 update and earlier versions, but this computer has version 1809 and it is not loaded with a lot of stuff. So what can be the “not compatible” problem?

:)

Hesed3, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 22, 2019
  4. chirp Win User

Is this compatible?

I think I have narrowed down my mobo selection to the ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus but, the reviews suggest checking the Qualified Vendors List for memory on the ASUS site as this board can be particular. The information is not currently available. It was suggested in one review that the compatiblity of memory to this board on their list was not accurate. Many other reviews suggest no problems with memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me if the Corsair XMS2 2gb (2x1gb)- DDR2/800 Twin2X2408-6400 would work troule free on this ASUS board?

Another question....I am planning to use an Intel Core 2DUO E6400 Conroe 2.13ghz on this board. What the heck do I use for a heatsink? There are so many to choose from and I know nothing about them....

Thanks, Chirp

chirp, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer "not compatible" with the May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Computer compatible May

2. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY HELP COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: Lic #**** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of Windows 10, I was...
  3. May 2019 Update Catastrophe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    May 2019 Update Catastrophe: ANY COMMENTS ??? To Whom it may Concern, I am running Windows 10: **** - **** – **** – **** – **** on a new MSI AMD MB, NVME HD, AMD RYZEN 5 CPU, w/ 8G RAM. On Oct 12 2019 your company FORCED the May 2019 to Update my computer, which corrupted the entire version of...
  4. May 2019 Feature Update

May 2019 Feature Update: Hello, What does this update consist of? im curious and want to know. Tyla T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-feature-update/73c356b1-811b-42b7-a750-25c5362ff801
  5. May 2019 Update, wont boot

May 2019 Update, wont boot: was waiting for the new May 2019 Update from Windows 10. They had a Update assistant and I thought if there was anything that did not work or not correct it would now allow my computer to be upgraded. I read about the issued with a external USB device attached so I just...
  6. Windows update MAY 2019

Windows update MAY 2019: Hello , I want to know that when 1903 update will be released for India and what will the size of the update. Thanks in advance.........
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility

May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility: There's an entry in Feedback Hub titled "APC PowerChute causes HTML images to fail in 1903" in which the poster says "If APC PowerChute v3.0.2 is installed on Windows 10 - 1903, HTML images will not be displayed after a restart. Images are not displayed in Outlook 365, in...
  9. Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates: Microsoft May 2019 Security Updates https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...urity-guidance 132561
  10. May 2019 update

May 2019 update: Hello. I was wondering when the 1903 of windows will be released? How many weeks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2019-update/e1ff5233-7c1c-4c7f-8fe3-cd9d0089c39c