Windows 10: Computer not connecting to gpsvc service.

Discus and support Computer not connecting to gpsvc service. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer says cannot connect to GPSVC service. And said to consult my system administrator My dad. But what should we do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InvisibleHoverboard, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Computer not connecting to gpsvc service.

My computer says cannot connect to GPSVC service. And said to consult my system administrator My dad. But what should we do?

:)

InvisibleHoverboard, Dec 31, 2020

2. Both GPSVC/UUID and Start Menu Critical Error

Hello,

While logging into Windows, there are some crucial background processes are propagating. The Group Policy Service (GPSVC) is part of one of those processes in which this service communicates with Winlogon service via a Remote Procedure Call (RPC). The aim
    of this communication is to make a cross check on Computer Configuration and User Configuration of Group Policy Objects and load policies accordingly. Generally, when this scenario is going on, the GPSVC is taking part in the chain of events separately from
    the beginning. But when the same service, i.e. GPSVC takes part in the processing, in combination with other processes, there are chances of following error to occur. To provide you with the troubleshooting steps in resolving the issue, kindly supplement us
    with further information by answering the questions below.

• When did the issue start to happen? Knowing the time when the issue started to happen will point you when to do a system restore.
      System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows the user to revert their computer's state (including
      system files, installed applications, Windows Registry, and
      system
      settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover from
      system malfunctions or other problems.
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    The GPSVC service failed the sign-in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform you that this issue occurs when Win logon cannot contact the Group Policy service. You can fix this issue by following the steps provided in following Windows Support article:

First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported" (Applies
    to Windows 10)

Registry disclaimer

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.
    Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the
    following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Hours of loading at welcome screen and gpsvc service failed the sign-in

If your system is connected to a Domain Network, kindly post this query on TechNet Forum.

Technet forums - Windows Vista IT Pro

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Computer not connecting to gpsvc service.

Microsoft failed to connect to admin. The Group policy client service failed sign in The UUID (Universal Unique Identifyer)

Hi Jax,

I regret the inconvenience which you have faced regarding the Windows Group policy.

If your computer is connected to a domain network, please refer to this link.

Before I suggest you, I would like to know the information below.

• Is the computer is connected to a Domain network?

• Which anti-virus program is installed on the system?

• Are you using Windows 10 Home Edition/ Pro Edition?

Method 1: If you are not connect to a Domain network, I suggest you to
    disable the third party Antivirus Running.

• Right click on
        start button,

• Select Control Panel.

• Go to Programs and features.

• Right click on the Third party Antivirus program
        which you are running and click
        on Disable

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any
    problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Usage of Third Party Software are done at your own risk.

Reference: First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported"

(applies to windows 10)

Important: Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it,

back up the registry for restoration
    in case problems occur.

Method 2: It looks like during reboot a vital registry settings were lost during crash and Group Policy Client "doesn't know" how to start.

Let me explain:

There are two places to look in the registry:

• Press Windows key + R and put
      regedit
      in Run dialog box to open Registry Editor
      then click OK.

• In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gpsvc

• Here, at this registry location, you need to take ownership of gpsvc key. You can adopt either of these two ways to take ownership:
      Take ownership instantly using RegOwnerShipEx

Take ownership manually

• Once you’ve successfully taken ownership of registry key, close Registry Editor. Open elevated or administrative Command Prompt and type following command, hit Enter key then:

reg add “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\gpsvc” /v Type /t REG_DWORD /d 0x10 /f

• You must receive “The operation completed successfully” message. In case if you’ve not taken ownership of the registry key mentioned in step 3, the command will not execute and you’ll get Access is denied message.

So by executing the command successfully, we force the GPSVC to initiate as a separate process from the beginning rather than to act as shared process. Thus now GPSVC can communicate correctly with
    Winlogon and there is no error during sign-in process, hence user logon becomes successful.

Hope this helps you, revert back to us with the update regarding the issue.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Computer not connecting to gpsvc service.

1. Computer not connecting to gpsvc service. - Similar Threads - Computer connecting gpsvc

2. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  3. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  4. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...: Hi team,I bought a new laptop and i have done the work to install softwares. But then I found the boot progress take long while stuck at 'please wait' circling screen. And at a half chance when log into windows I can see a warning at right-bottom corner, saying "cannot...
  6. windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...

windows cannot connect to gpsvc service event log service is unavilable cannot launch...: Hi team,I bought a new laptop and i have done the work to install softwares. But then I found the boot progress take long while stuck at 'please wait' circling screen. And at a half chance when log into windows I can see a warning at right-bottom corner, saying "cannot...
  7. Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?: Yesterday, i logged in on my pc and got the error: Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service, i searched abd i searched, and found things about using cmd and registry editor, but the problem for me comes in, when i try to open any .exe file, or any admin programs, they...
  8. Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?

Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?: Yesterday, i logged in on my pc and got the error: Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service, i searched abd i searched, and found things about using cmd and registry editor, but the problem for me comes in, when i try to open any .exe file, or any admin programs, they...
  9. Windows Couldnt connect to the GPSVC service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. gpsvc services

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpsvc services: Most of the system apps are not opening and giving an alert that path not found. Sometime its showing that the windows not connected to gpsvc service and the user is not able to be admin....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please wait for the gpsvc

2. gpsvc windows 10

3. please wait for gpsv

4. Waiting for the gpsvc