Windows 10: Computer not detecting the microphone

Discus and support Computer not detecting the microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using a headphone containing one cable only. My mic doesn't work while recording or talking to anyone through skype or messenger.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shafs420, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:52 PM.

1. shafs420 Win User

Computer not detecting the microphone

Hello,

I have been using a headphone containing one cable only. My mic doesn't work while recording or talking to anyone through skype or messenger. To split the headphone as a mic, I had to purchase a combo jack, but still there is no progress.

I have been using windows 10 and the audio driver is Realtek.

A solution about this will highly be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

:)

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:53 PM
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

Hi,

It's possible that some outdated drivers are preventing your microphone from being detected by your computer. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Were you previously able to use your microphone on your computer, or is this the first time you tried to use it?
    • Does the microphone oh your headset work when plugged to a different device?
    • Can you tell us exactly what troubleshooting steps you tried in the past? This is important so that we could provide other steps that you haven't tried yet.

4. Computer not detecting the microphone

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:53 PM
Thema:

Computer not detecting the microphone

1. Computer not detecting the microphone - Similar Threads - Computer detecting microphone

2. Microphone can't detect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone can't detect: I already try some methods for setting up my microphone. I can hear it in my headphone when I speak but when I try to set up in the control panel but it always say that "The Wizard could not start". I try to record but it say that I have to set up my microphone. When I check...
  3. Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows detects headphones, but not the microphone on it?: Hello! I am running Windows 10 on an iMac using the bootcamp feature. As I have stated in the title, my computer detects the headphones but not the microphone on it. When I restart in mac OS, it detects the microphone and everything perfectly, but on windows it doesn't even...
  4. Laptop is not detecting microphone

Laptop is not detecting microphone: I have Rig 600 headphones and I’ve purchased a new laptop. Tried to connect my headphones and a mic. However my laptop don’t see the headphones when they are plugged in....
  5. Headset microphone not detected by windows

Headset microphone not detected by windows: Built-in mic on my laptop picks up every sound in my house, so I got a nice set of cans with a mic built in. Mic don't work. Doesn't show up anywhere on my computer at all, whatsoever. Not in recording devices, anything. why...
  6. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...
  7. Microphone detected, but no input signal.

Microphone detected, but no input signal.: I have been using a Yeti Blue microphone with my computer for years. The other day, I plugged in my PS4 controller to play games and immediately my microphone and speakers stopped working. After reading through forums, I found this to be because the controller has both a mic...
  8. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not detected: I have a mic connected with a 3.5 mm jack of my gaming PC on Windows 10. It doesn’t work. When I checked the input device settings, I saw that my PC couldn’t detect the mic. What settings do I have to make?...
  9. Audio/Microphone Not Detected

Audio/Microphone Not Detected: I have Windows 10. I use a Turtle Beach PX22 Headset until i noticed the microphone was not working. I checked the Sound in Control Panel and it used to say Turtle Beach Headset but now it only says speakers. Sometimes it will say Headphones, sometimes it would say...
  10. Windows 10 microphone not detected

Windows 10 microphone not detected: Hi everybody, I updated my computer to Windows 10 Pro just few hours ago. I experienced some problems with the video drivers, but I solved them by updating the driver through nVidia GeForce Experience. Now I have problems with my audio driver (which I think it is VIA HD...