Windows 10: Computer not detecting the microphone

Discus and support Computer not detecting the microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using a headphone containing one cable only. My mic doesn't work while recording or talking to anyone through skype or messenger.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shafs420, Apr 15, 2019.

1. shafs420 Win User

Computer not detecting the microphone

Hello,

I have been using a headphone containing one cable only. My mic doesn't work while recording or talking to anyone through skype or messenger. To split the headphone as a mic, I had to purchase a combo jack, but still there is no progress.

I have been using windows 10 and the audio driver is Realtek.

A solution about this will highly be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

:)

shafs420, Apr 15, 2019

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

Hi,

It's possible that some outdated drivers are preventing your microphone from being detected by your computer. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • Were you previously able to use your microphone on your computer, or is this the first time you tried to use it?
    • Does the microphone oh your headset work when plugged to a different device?
    • Can you tell us exactly what troubleshooting steps you tried in the past? This is important so that we could provide other steps that you haven't tried yet.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Computer not detecting the microphone

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer not detecting the microphone

1. Computer not detecting the microphone - Similar Threads - Computer detecting microphone

2. No microphones are detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphones are detected.: When I connect my headphones to my laptop, the microphone is not detected by the system. I tried to test it in the settings but the device wasn't even on the list. I tested the headphones on my phone and everything worked fine. Also, the default laptop microphone doesn't work...
  3. Headset microphone not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone not detected by computer: I have been using a Razer Blackshark V2 X for a while and it has been working fine. Recently though it has been having the problem of the computer not detecting the headset's microphone at all. I have looked and general and specific instructions on how to fix this but nothing...
  4. Headset microphone not detected by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone not detected by computer: I have been using a Razer Blackshark V2 X for a while and it has been working fine. Recently though it has been having the problem of the computer not detecting the headset's microphone at all. I have looked and general and specific instructions on how to fix this but nothing...
  5. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is not detected: I have a 1 year old laptop. And it doesn't have any issues since then. I'm just surprised that when I attended my online meeting, the microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do?...
  6. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not detected: I have a 1 year old laptop. And it doesn't have any issues since then. I'm just surprised that when I attended my online meeting, the microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do?...
  7. Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer

Condenser Microphone Not Detected Plugged into the computer: Hello, I recently have got a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed on it. I have plugged my external microphone into the laptop and it has not been detected by the computer. I have connected the microphone to my Chromebook and it works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix...
  8. Computer can’t detect headset microphone

Computer can’t detect headset microphone: Hello, I’ve recently recieved an Alienware computer and have had some trouble with audio. I have a headset that has a built in mic. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there something I need to do so it can detect it?...
  9. Computer Does Not Detect Headset Microphone.

Computer Does Not Detect Headset Microphone.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] There is Headphones in the Sound tab. but Mic only the PC one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-detect-headset-microphone/ce907630-92f3-4432-94de-9230198fe2f6
  10. Microphone not detected

Microphone not detected: I've just bought a microphone for recording vocals for songs, and it works with my amp, or any other audio device but not with my laptop. It has a 6.3mm jack however I bought an adapter. I plugged it in the microphone/headphone slot, and the laptop/Windows doesn't detect it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone setup wizard not detecting mic

2. computer not detecting microphone

3. computer not detecting microphone mic