Windows 10: Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management

Discus and support Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to the PC to sleep I have changed the timing from 10 mins to 1 min but it does not go to sleep.I have updated my PC but still the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Abhi_007dd, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management

I want to the PC to sleep I have changed the timing from 10 mins to 1 min but it does not go to sleep.I have updated my PC but still the problem persists.Tried the advance settings also but alas it did not work

:)

Abhi_007dd, Apr 8, 2021

2. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management

Why my PC go in sleep mode even when I disabled it in Power Management

I have a problem that is too annoying. My PC go in sleep mode after 2-3 minutes when idle. I go into Power Management and change to settings to "NEVER" for sleep and hibernate and rebooted.

The problem is still there.

PS. THe CPU is not overheating.

Survivant00, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management

1. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle.I have tried from power management - Similar Threads - Computer going sleep

2. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  3. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  4. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings

Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings: Hi! Our family laptop is not going into sleep mode when idle. It also sounds like it is processing something all the time even when not used. I already checked the power management options. Next, I used a diagnostics tool to pinpoint what it is that prevents the...
  6. Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings

Computer not going into sleep mode when idle, even after checking power management settings: Hi! Our family laptop is not going into sleep mode when idle. It also sounds like it is processing something all the time even when not used. I already checked the power management options see attachment 1. Next, I used a diagnostics tool to pinpoint what it is that...
  7. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  8. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  9. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  10. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465