Windows 10: Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

Discus and support Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi over the last few days my computer does not go to sleep or run the slideshow as it used to. I have tried all the usual things, updating drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaveRundle, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

Hi over the last few days my computer does not go to sleep or run the slideshow as it used to. I have tried all the usual things, updating drivers, adjusting the power settings etc etc, but nothing works. Tonight I ran powercfg -energy and the report showed 8 errors and 7 warnings, but only one of the errors would apparently prevent the computer from going into sleep mode and that error message reads;

\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\LockScreenContentServer.exe

I am now trying to work out the best way to proceed with this information and hope once I resolve it that my computer will preform as it did before. Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated.

Many thanks Dave.

:)

DaveRundle, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Was there any major changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the computer go to sleep when trying to access any other applications?

For the issues with Windows maximizing automatically, try these steps and let us know if it helps:
    1. Open Ease of Access.
    2. Click on make the mouse easier to use.
    3. Under “Make it easier to manager Windows”, uncheck the first option “Activate the window by hovering over it with the mouse”.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

For issue related to computer going to sleep, try this step and let us know if it helps:

- Run the Power troubleshooter.

Open Settings and navigate to Update and Security>> Troubleshoot and run the Power Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

computer doesn't go to sleep automatically

The only task in that list that is not a part of the system task is the "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor". We suggest that you end the said task by going again to the
    Task Scheduler. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Follow the steps that we have provided you before to display all running tasks.
    • Once all running tasks are displayed, select "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor", then click on
      End Task.

If ending its task doesn't resolve your concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall it by following the steps in this article:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    . Once done, kindly check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you're done with the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow.

1. Computer not going to sleep or running slideshow. - Similar Threads - Computer going sleep

2. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep: I have my son's computer set to turn on the screensaver after 15 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. However, neither of these occurs. The computer is up to date and I've double checked the settings and can't find anything wrong. I suspect a program is preventing it...
  3. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I set my computer to sleep on 30 mins. I got back after 2 hours and it still up. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/e3585b70-c85e-4b42-b53a-be05630f4f32
  4. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  5. Computer not going to sleep

Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  6. Windows go into sleep after slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows go into sleep after slideshow: Hi,I realized today that slideshow is working again on my Windows 11 laptop since then it was saying that I had no image to show, except that it is a 3000+ images folder. My pc boot, I got the one image I choose as lockscreen, and then after the slideshow begins first new...
  7. Windows go into sleep after slideshow

Windows go into sleep after slideshow: Hi,I realized today that slideshow is working again on my Windows 11 laptop since then it was saying that I had no image to show, except that it is a 3000+ images folder. My pc boot, I got the one image I choose as lockscreen, and then after the slideshow begins first new...
  8. Computer does not go to sleep. Continuously runs nonstop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not go to sleep. Continuously runs nonstop: Help! Computer does not go to sleep. Continuously runs nonstop. Sleep mode set at 10 minutes. Screen goes dark but not the Lenovo desktop....
  9. Computer will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not go to sleep: Problem started 4-5 days back. I tried removing the Dec 12 update which didn't fix the issue. Specs: Custom Built. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix E570 Windows 10 Installed updates: December 8, 2020—KB4592438 OS Builds 19041.685 and 19042.685 November 10, 2020—KB4586781...
  10. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not going to sleep: My computer will not go to sleep, I have tried changing the times the screen will shut off and the time that the computer will actually go into hibernation and it just never turns off. I will head to bed and I will wake up and it will still be on!! Does anyone know what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 not going sleep

2. how do i get my computer to run a slide show rather than going to sleep

3. which driver make the pc go to sleep