Windows 10: Computer not going to sleep

Discus and support Computer not going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Brycedownell, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Computer not going to sleep

I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that?

:)

Brycedownell, Aug 3, 2022
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Computer not going to sleep a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Was there any major changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the computer go to sleep when trying to access any other applications?

For the issues with Windows maximizing automatically, try these steps and let us know if it helps:
    1. Open Ease of Access.
    2. Click on make the mouse easier to use.
    3. Under “Make it easier to manager Windows”, uncheck the first option “Activate the window by hovering over it with the mouse”.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

For issue related to computer going to sleep, try this step and let us know if it helps:

- Run the Power troubleshooter.

Open Settings and navigate to Update and Security>> Troubleshoot and run the Power Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Computer not going to sleep

Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Computer not going to sleep

1. Computer not going to sleep - Similar Threads - Computer going sleep

2. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep: I have my son's computer set to turn on the screensaver after 15 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. However, neither of these occurs. The computer is up to date and I've double checked the settings and can't find anything wrong. I suspect a program is preventing it...
  3. Computer not going to sleep

Computer not going to sleep: Ran a power report, anyone know how to fix these?ErrorsSystem Availability Requests:System Required RequestThe service has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.Requesting ServiceScheduleSystem Availability Requests:System Required RequestThe...
  4. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I set my computer to sleep on 30 mins. I got back after 2 hours and it still up. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/e3585b70-c85e-4b42-b53a-be05630f4f32
  5. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  6. Computer not going to sleep

Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  7. Computer not going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not going to sleep.: I have my PC set to sleep after 30 mins, yet I leave it for an hour, come back and it's still on. I even tweaked the power plan settings. Is there some hidden setting I'm missing?...
  8. Computer will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not go to sleep: Problem started 4-5 days back. I tried removing the Dec 12 update which didn't fix the issue. Specs: Custom Built. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix E570 Windows 10 Installed updates: December 8, 2020—KB4592438 OS Builds 19041.685 and 19042.685 November 10, 2020—KB4586781...
  9. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not going to sleep: My computer will not go to sleep, I have tried changing the times the screen will shut off and the time that the computer will actually go into hibernation and it just never turns off. I will head to bed and I will wake up and it will still be on!! Does anyone know what is...
  10. Computer going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer going to sleep: My computer laptop did an update this week overnight when it was in sleep mode. Since then, when the computer is on, if I haven't used the computer for a few minutes, it'll go into sleep mode. I have searched forums and made changes to my screen saver and power settings,...