Windows 10: Computer not idling properly, constant crashing on sleep

Discus and support Computer not idling properly, constant crashing on sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting intermittent crashes when my computer goes to sleep for awhile. I previously changed my bluetooth and AMD/Realtek drivers as those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eli-Eli-O, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Eli-Eli-O Win User

Computer not idling properly, constant crashing on sleep

I've been getting intermittent crashes when my computer goes to sleep for awhile. I previously changed my bluetooth and AMD/Realtek drivers as those had popped up as problematic. I haven't installed anything new aside from automatic updates, but now the computer refuses to idle screen never turns off or sleep will only do so when manually prompted and it crashes just about every time it does sleep.

I know enough to look at stuff in event viewer but not how to parse or do anything about what I find in there, and searching the codes hasn't been very helpful aside from that I might have driver issues again?

The recent error messages:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaa0af040d040, 0xfffffb80d1c2f780

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000a0 0x00000000000000f0, 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000000b, 0xffffc90656941040

I have a few minidumps and one older large dmp file--it almost never creates the big ones, or has errors when trying to create one. After the error about creating one popped up I switched the setting from automatic to mini.

folder with zipped minidumps, months-old larger dump

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vybykf7vcgfd3

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm so frustrated.

:)

Eli-Eli-O, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363
    Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.
    Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Second Problem:constantly crashing, blue screen of death.

Last info from Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Antimalware Service Executable

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2001.10-0\MsMpEng.exe
    Creation Time: 3/14/2020 1:39:54 PM
    Problem: MpTelemetry

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
    Problem Signature 01: unspecified
    Problem Signature 02: HardeningTelemetry
    Problem Signature 03: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
    Problem Signature 04: 4.18.2001.10
    Problem Signature 05: unspecified
    Problem Signature 06: unspecified
    Problem Signature 07: unspecified

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: fdb8de8b2cbae82736f81cfce42d2152 (1655104735544156498)

Computer not idling properly, constant crashing on sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

What is up with the sleep function in Windows 10?

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with sleep mode.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect power settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps to increase the time limit for computer to go into sleep mode once left it idle:

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click System.

• In the left pane click on
      Power & Sleep.

• Under the section
      sleep, change the time limit for computer to go to sleep.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer not idling properly, constant crashing on sleep - Similar Threads - Computer idling properly

2. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  3. Computer constantly crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly crashing.: I'll start off by saying that since I got this computer I haven't taken the best care of it. There was a period of time where my computer would overheat and crash a lot bcs I didn't know about ventilation. That's over with but it seems to have done something with my computer....
  4. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  5. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Computer crashes: So I cant find the crash dump for some reason, let me know if more info is needed, while playing certain games my computer is going into forced restarts constantly. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xfffffeb92b21b124,...
  6. Constant Computer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer constantly crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer constantly crashing: Hello my computer has been constantly crashing at random intervals since last Tuesday. The error codes given all pointed to a driver issue or ram but I have installed new ram and clean installed windows twice. Error codes I have seen IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BUFFER STACK...
  8. Windows Crashing constantly but only at idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Crashing constantly but only at idle: I'm have been chasing this issue for about 6 months now. My PC runs completely fine during use, no issues at all. Games and operates with no issues, but if I leave it for a few hours or overnight it will absolutely crash without question and gives different stop codes each...
  9. Constant Computer Crashing

Constant Computer Crashing: I recently built a computer, and it keeps crashing. Error messages include: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I ran chkdisk, no issue replaced RAM and ran memtest x86, nothing wrong replaced motherboard reinstalled windows using the...
  10. Computer constantly crashing

Computer constantly crashing: Why is my computer running so slow and constantly freezing or dropping out of programs. It is starting to drive me mad, I can switch from one browser to another without it taking ages to install or not responding at all. HELP!!!!!...