Windows 10: Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb

Discus and support Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Once I am finished with the video's on my USB I try delete them via right clicking on the folder and then selecting delete. Then thismessage shows up:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mr. Misch, May 5, 2020.

1. Mr. Misch Win User

Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb

Once I am finished with the video's on my USB I try delete them via right clicking on the folder and then selecting delete. Then thismessage shows up:
    Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb 7a2391ef-194b-43ae-bead-cbe3d84d3720?upload=true.png

When you end up clicking 'Yes' it doesn't delete the folder and the message goes away. I have had this happen before and I had to manualy wipe the usb.

Please help!!!!

:)

Mr. Misch, May 5, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Won't let me delete a file.

Hello,

Let's try to isolate this issue to determine what's causing you unable to delete files. Kindly provide the following information:

• What is the error message that it tells you when trying to delete a file?
    • Does it also happens in other files that you want to delete?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, May 5, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 5, 2020
  4. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer not letting me delete files from my removable usb - Similar Threads - Computer letting delete

2. Won't let me remove my child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me remove my child from family account: I am the family organizer for my Microsoft family account but it will not let me remove my children from the account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-let-me-remove-my-child-from-family-account/c979a311-b6ca-45aa-a25e-6aa7af7b5523
  3. Won't let me remove my child from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't let me remove my child from family account: I am the family organizer for my Microsoft family account but it will not let me remove my children from the account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-let-me-remove-my-child-from-family-account/c979a311-b6ca-45aa-a25e-6aa7af7b5523
  4. My computer isn’t letting me in to get files off for me to recycle my laptop from my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer isn’t letting me in to get files off for me to recycle my laptop from my...: As soon as the logo goes away it prompts me to go to reimagine my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-isnt-letting-me-in-to-get-files-off/711f2511-0c80-474a-8f31-02b452daeb35
  5. My computer isn’t letting me in to get files off for me to recycle my laptop from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn’t letting me in to get files off for me to recycle my laptop from my...: As soon as the logo goes away it prompts me to go to reimagine my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-isnt-letting-me-in-to-get-files-off/711f2511-0c80-474a-8f31-02b452daeb35
  6. My computer isn’t letting me in to get files off for me to recycle my laptop from my...

7. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  8. My computer won't let let me update

My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  9. Removing an user from my computer, will delete their files if they are being shared with...

Removing an user from my computer, will delete their files if they are being shared with...: on my computer i have two users, they are both mine but different emails. the second user account i did it because i wanted to use my real email. now the files photos videos etc from my first user profile are being shared to my second user profile. if i delete/remove the...
  10. Windows won't let me delete a file

Windows won't let me delete a file: I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this morning I was able to delete all of these. I have tried right click > delete and dragging the file to the recycling bin. I have...