Windows 10: Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen

Discus and support Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a computer that is 1 month old and already when I try to open anything it tells me I do not have access (I am the only account and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanKelly4, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen

I have a computer that is 1 month old and already when I try to open anything it tells me I do not have access (I am the only account and I am registered as an administrator) after a few minutes (within the first couple minutes I am able to open things) it does not let me do anything, and eventually just shows a black screen, before this my security program was constantly running active threat cures almost non-stop, I have tried changing permissions on apps (right click, properties, security,etc.) But it only works for a couple of the first few minutes, and later on, the security option or changing permissions button is gone entirely, and once after prezsing this button it gave me an "incorrect syntax" warning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RyanKelly4, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 17, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen

1. Computer not letting me open anything and showing a black screen - Similar Threads - Computer letting open

2. My computer won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won’t let me do anything: Every time I play a game, about 5 mins into playing, I disconnect from the internet and then the pc crashes. When the pc restarts there's no internet or wi-fi. I go into device manager and there's no drivers for the network adapter. Is this a driver problem or hardware?...
  3. My computer won’t let me do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won’t let me do anything: Every time I play a game, about 5 mins into playing, I disconnect from the internet and then the pc crashes. When the pc restarts there's no internet or wi-fi. I go into device manager and there's no drivers for the network adapter. Is this a driver problem or hardware?...
  4. My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background: Pls help heres a pic[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-open-anything-and-theres/c4c6d37a-a9c6-4d29-bb1e-c446a6d89191
  5. Computer not letting me acess anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not letting me acess anything.: So I have this problem it always says my windows is expired when I bought the full version also, I cannot open any of the windows 10 store apps not even the windows 10 store itself. I cannot turn on my firewall it will come up with an error. Yes I've tried to reset my...
  6. Computer recognizes mouse and shows cursor, but doesn’t let me click on anything.

Computer recognizes mouse and shows cursor, but doesn’t let me click on anything.: It lets me click on anything I want on the home page. But when I click on something in the task bar or try to click on anything in a tab, nothing happens. Any help is much appreciated submitted by /u/Kouzzzz [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything

Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything: My laptop is 3 years old (if I can get it to run long enough to tell me what the model is Ill put it here) and it will boot, sometimes let me log in, but restarts before I can do anything. I need it to hold out two more semesters and I'm getting really frustrated. Sometimes...
  8. Not letting me download anything!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not letting me download anything!!!: Im just trying to reset my computer and it says i need to clear up space. Anything i try to uninstall or delete says it cannot find the file. It wont let me download ANYTHING or uninstall anything. It tells me to save then as soon as i hit run the error message pops up. Never...
  9. Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Taskbar - CANNOT OPEN ANYTHING: I reinstalled Windows after having some troubles with it. Now that I've finally logged into the administrator account, all I get is a black desktop with a cursor and a taskbar with the Start Menu, Search, and Clock. Clicking the Start Button does absolutely nothing. The only...
  10. It's not letting me listen to anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It's not letting me listen to anything: When I boot up my computer a bit ago, it had this weird echo, so I went, reinstalled the drivers, echo stayed, I uninstalled realtek, and when I restarted my computer, It was not accepting my headphones, I went and looked, and realtek was gone. I looked around for a new...