Windows 10: Computer Not Recognizing HDMI

Discus and support Computer Not Recognizing HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got a brand new Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I am trying to connect my laptop both to a monitor and separate to our TV. Neither work, but work for other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jordyn Beaty, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Computer Not Recognizing HDMI

Just got a brand new Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I am trying to connect my laptop both to a monitor and separate to our TV. Neither work, but work for other coworkers. I tried two different HDMI cords, and it doesn't even seem to recognize that I have something plugged in. Whenever I go to Change Display Setting and then Detect, it says "Didn't detect another display"

:)

Jordyn Beaty, Jul 18, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 18, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Computer Not Recognizing HDMI

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Computer Not Recognizing HDMI

1. Computer Not Recognizing HDMI - Similar Threads - Computer Recognizing HDMI

2. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  3. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore: I was using my laptop normally, until it freezes and i forced it to shut down cause i couldn't even windows tab, when i turn it on again it starts updating and when now that i'm in it doesnt recognize the HDMI anymore, it doesnt appear in the device manager anymore. Tried to...
  4. Laptop not recognizing HDMI anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. VGA to HDMI not recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to HDMI not recognized by Windows 11: After the windows 11 install, my computer no longer reconizes the VGA to HDMI adapter. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-hdmi-not-recognized-by-windows-11/c5996b1b-e89e-4b2f-a207-bd788497a6e5
  6. VGA to HDMI not recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to HDMI not recognized by Windows 11: After the windows 11 install, my computer no longer reconizes the VGA to HDMI adapter. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vga-to-hdmi-not-recognized-by-windows-11/c5996b1b-e89e-4b2f-a207-bd788497a6e5
  7. HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI sound system recognizing as a monitor: Hello, i'm using two monitors and a sound system that is recognizing as a 3th monitor It's anoying when i open a new window and it goes to the 3th monitor and i cant see it because it is not a monitor. I wan't to keep using the soung system but "blocking" it to not actualy...
  8. Computer HDMI crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer HDMI crash: I started my computer this morning and i opened 1 application and right as it loaded my screen turned all green for 5 seconds... then black and said "HDMI inout lost" (or something) but my computer was still running in the back but it was making less noise then normal it...
  9. hdmi display not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi display not recognized: I just plugged in a hdmi monitor to my laptop. Display will not detect it. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-display-not-recognized/3b83c5ce-1310-4afe-bad6-d2b30d09a06d
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...