Windows 10: Computer not responding to anything

Discus and support Computer not responding to anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer is not opening anything. It wont open any apps, the task manager, the windows button. This is a problem thats comes and goes as it pleases.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken LaFoe, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Ken LaFoe Win User

Computer not responding to anything

My computer is not opening anything. It wont open any apps, the task manager, the windows button. This is a problem thats comes and goes as it pleases. I literally can not do a single thing. The mouse works, the keyboard works, but not the actual computer. When i try to open something on my desktop, it loads forever. The apps i have on startup don't open. When i do sometimes get access to the windows button and try to shut off the computer through the software, it doesn't respond at all. I have been forced to hard shutdown my computer with the external button. This is ridiculous and i need he

:)

Ken LaFoe, Jun 23, 2024
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer not responding to anything :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 23, 2024
  3. your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding

Hi,

The error message "your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding" that you are getting, may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your computer. With that said,
    we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the app troubleshooter on this
    link
    and then run it on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Computer not responding to anything

computer is correctly configured but dns server not responding windows 10

Hi Fred,

Regarding your issue with DNS server not responding, we need to gather some information. Please answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting with a different device?
    • Have you tried power cycling your modem and router?
    • Try different browser?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to try the troubleshooting steps provided below to flush the DNS cache.

• Start.
    • Type "Command Prompt".
    • Click " Command Prompt".
    • Type "ipconfig /flushdns".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Restart your web browser.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Computer not responding to anything

1. Computer not responding to anything - Similar Threads - Computer responding anything

2. Computer not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer not responding: Hi, my computer showed this screen. At first my computer was working completely fine, when I tried to open steam and google, it somehow crashed. After I restarted my computer, this image pops up. I tried pressing F2,DEL,F11. Unfortunately, the computer don’t seem to be...
  3. Computer not responding to anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not responding to anything: My computer is not opening anything. It wont open any apps, the task manager, the windows button. This is a problem thats comes and goes as it pleases. I literally can not do a single thing. The mouse works, the keyboard works, but not the actual computer. When i try to open...
  4. Computer not responding to anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not responding to anything: My computer is not opening anything. It wont open any apps, the task manager, the windows button. This is a problem thats comes and goes as it pleases. I literally can not do a single thing. The mouse works, the keyboard works, but not the actual computer. When i try to open...
  5. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  6. Cortana doesn't respond to anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't respond to anything: Cortana was just doing fine when one day I realized she doesn't respond to ANY command. Whatever I say, my message just reaches her. No reply. If I try to speak using the mic button, Cortana starts to hear, but after just half a second, Cortana stops listening. Some of my...
  7. My computer won't respond to anything

My computer won't respond to anything: Hello, Thanks for taking your time to read this. My HP Labtop Windows 10 which is roughly two weeks old is locked up. It won't respond to anything even when I press the power button or caps lock. I am wondering what I can do. I saw a bunch of articles involving task...
  8. My computer is not working or responding to anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is not working or responding to anything: My computer keeps on saying your information is at risk call microsoft when i only downloaded one thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-working-or-responding-to/ba1eec9f-1ea1-43ee-8891-d88df1b7634d
  9. Computer not responding

Computer not responding: Lately when I try to do anything on my computer it won't respond. I'll first notice it when I try to open Outlook 365. I get a message across the top saying it's not responding so I'll try going to task manager to end the task but that doesn't even respond. Eventually it does...
  10. Windows 10 is not responding for anything

Windows 10 is not responding for anything: Sometimes I am working on Windows 10,My PC got stuck.Its not opening any program & even not shutdown restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-responding-for-anything/7c7481bf-51b0-4107-8a00-cf9efa1fb48b