Windows 10: Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times.

Discus and support Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title states for as long as I can remember my computer will sometimes not perform well in video games for example getting 30 fps when I usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeniorWaugh, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times.

As the title states for as long as I can remember my computer will sometimes not perform well in video games for example getting 30 fps when I usually get well into the hundreds until I reset it once or sometimes multiple times. Ive been dealing with this for years and the only solution people have told me was to update my drivers which as far as im concerned are all updated as much as possible. If anyone has any idea on what to do please let me know as this is very annoying. I will list my computer specs below as I did assemble my own computer.

CPU- i54690k

GPU- GTX 1070

Motherboard- Z97-AR

RAM- 16GB

HDD-1 TB

SSD- N/A

submitted by /u/SeniorWaugh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeniorWaugh, Mar 30, 2021

2. computer randomly restarts multiple times

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When does the system exactly restart? Please elaborate.

• How did you upgraded to Windows 10 through Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Method 1.

I suggest you to check the settings, if the automatic restart is set on the system.

• Open file explorer and click on Computer on the top pane.

• Click on System properties and click on
      Advanced system settings.

• Now click on Advanced tab and click on
      Settings
      button on Startup and Recovery option.

• Uncheck on Automatically restart.
    If the issue still persist try the below methods.

Method 2.

I suggest you to boot the system in Clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below link
    on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 30, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 30, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times.

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times.

1. Computer not running as well as it should be until I reset it sometimes multiple times. - Similar Threads - Computer running should

2. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  3. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times: So, this has started happening a few months ago, some keys, mostly R, W, Shift, CTRL and i would take multiple presses to type, or would sometimes write multiple times, like: "WWWhats up?" the keys problem got fixed when i got an external keyboard, but some buttons like CTRL...
  4. Keyboard Keys sometimes take multiple presses to type, or sometimes type itself multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC Runs, But Display Not Showing, Until I Refresh It Couple Times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Runs, But Display Not Showing, Until I Refresh It Couple Times: Hello.So I have this wierd problem.When I start the computer or so, display is not showing.My monitor is LG L1900EIt all started yesterday and i have no idea why this is happening because I literally did nothing.Well I found a little solution, resseting GPU with ctrl + shift...
  6. PC Runs, But Display Not Showing, Until I Refresh It Couple Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Runs, But Display Not Showing, Until I Refresh It Couple Times: Hello.So I have this wierd problem.When I start the computer or so, display is not showing.My monitor is LG L1900EIt all started yesterday and i have no idea why this is happening because I literally did nothing.Well I found a little solution, resseting GPU with ctrl + shift...
  7. PC Runs, But Display Not Showing, Until I Refresh It Couple Times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Should I reset my computer?

Should I reset my computer?: I want to reset my computer but I'm worried it might mess up something since I've reset my computer 2 times before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-reset-my-computer/9c3e6826-3673-4046-8aac-71f69990c1c4
  9. laptop beeps multiple times , until i play a video it stops

laptop beeps multiple times , until i play a video it stops: I have ACER aspire E5 with Nvidia Gforce 940 and, intel graphic 5500. most of the time pc beeps repeatedly, but pc works fine. exactly the moment that I play a video on youtube or from my pc all beeps stop, so usually I have no choice but to play a video on the background...
  10. BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

BSOD every day, sometimes multiple times a day.: Hello, im getting BSOD every day for a long period of time. im getting tired of all this can someone please help me, thanks, Baran 76267