Windows 10: Computer not sending to Printer

Discus and support Computer not sending to Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently did the new update on windows 10. My printer HP envy 4520 stopped printing in color, which it has done before, so I uninstalled and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SLynch427, Nov 10, 2020.

1. SLynch427 Win User

Computer not sending to Printer

So I recently did the new update on windows 10. My printer HP envy 4520 stopped printing in color, which it has done before, so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall the drivers. Now when I try to install the drivers it tells me there is a driver error or an issue with communication. I have verified, multiple times, that both the laptop and printer are on the same network and are properly connected. After using the "HP print and Scan doctor" I was able to get the drivers installed, but when I try to print a test page I simple get a "printing error" message. or it says that my connection is bad.

I'm simply out of ideas of anything else to try. I am able to print in both black and white, and color from my cell phone and while the printer is connected via a cable. So I know the issue must be the computer and/or how the computer is communicating with the printer. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We home school so my printer is a vital part of our day.

Thank you in advance.

:)

SLynch427, Nov 10, 2020

2. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 10, 2020
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Computer not sending to Printer

Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer not sending to Printer

1. Computer not sending to Printer - Similar Threads - Computer sending Printer

2. How to Scan & send from printer to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Scan & send from printer to computer: I am trying to set-up scanning from my MX972 Cannon Computer to my HP computer running Windows 7 Home Premium https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-send-from-printer-to-computer/3e0f257d-7770-4bb8-b983-0c2b5fbb6619
  3. How to Scan & send from printer to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Scan & send from printer to computer: I am trying to set-up scanning from my MX972 Cannon Computer to my HP computer running Windows 7 Home Premium https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-scan-send-from-printer-to-computer/3e0f257d-7770-4bb8-b983-0c2b5fbb6619
  4. computer windows 10 is not sending correct info to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer windows 10 is not sending correct info to printer: My computer is not sending the correct info to my printer. Windows 10. The printer is working well scan & copy etc BUT it will not print in colour - it seems to be stuck on black only. It is fine copying a coloured photo. The cartridge is new. It could be easy to fix?Help!...
  5. PC does not send text to printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC does not send text to printer: My Windows 10 / Office 365 PC will not send text to the printer. A word docx will print the grids if a table is in the document. Excel documents print the grids only. PDF files print okay. All these are okay on my windows 7 PC....
  6. scanning a document from printer and sending to computer

scanning a document from printer and sending to computer: How can I scan a document on my printer and then have it sent to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-a-document-from-printer-and-sending-to/bd4687da-3e98-48d1-aec2-72ac1f8240c5
  7. A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a...

A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a...: A windows 10 computer can see the printer attached to another computer, but can not send a print job over there. It won't print. Hope some one can help, appreciate very much....
  8. Printer is sending output to a file (.prn)

Printer is sending output to a file (.prn): Printer is sending output to a file (.prn) How to change to print? I just updated to Win10 ver 1903. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-sending-output-to-a-file/6559f7a8-8bbd-4d59-b644-c4052dc48a3e
  9. printers and computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    printers and computers: I just bought a HP all in on computer and I want to install my canon all in one printer..... HOw do I do it without the disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printers-and-computers/fd5fde8e-1009-4ad3-896d-272adbd8b20a
  10. Sending files to a printer in PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending files to a printer in PowerShell: In Windows 7 with the command prompt I could issue the following commands: net use lpt1 \\computer-name\printer-name /persistent:yes copy /A filename.txt lpt1 These assign the identifier lpt1 to a shared printer on a USB port. On my Windows 10 machine none of these...