Windows 10: Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

Discus and support Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I have had this issue since 1709 and 1803 hasn't fixed the issue. So I have a Mac Pro set up as a server, and on my Surface I can see the shares... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nckfrtg28, May 30, 2018.

1. nckfrtg28 Win User

Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

So, I have had this issue since 1709 and 1803 hasn't fixed the issue. So I have a Mac Pro set up as a server, and on my Surface I can see the shares and access it just fine. But when I go to my Gaming Computer which is all connected to the same network it can't seem to find the Mac Pro's Shares. I know it finds the Mac Pro on the network because it shows my Plex library. I've been working on this all afternoon and finally gave in and decided to ask around if anyone had and issue like this before. I have enable all the services that is needed and recommend. I have also reset the network adapter to see if that was an issue an still noting. I'm running out of ideas to try.

:)

nckfrtg28, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery

1. Computer Not Showing Up in Network Discovery - Similar Threads - Computer Showing Network

2. Network discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discovery: I am using Windows 10. I have set up a disk drive on the Wi-Fi router, but I cannot see it on Windows file explorer under Network. Even though I turn on network discovery, I still cannot see my network devices. Please help! Thank you so much.b...
  3. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  4. Networked computer not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  5. network discovery

network discovery: I am trying to add a printer connected to another PC, both win10Pro although I can see the other pc when I try to connect the printer get a message saying contact network admin for permissions. Pc #2 has been shared, same with printer, files and sharing activated, I read...
  6. No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi networks showing up? Network discovery is on but this problem persists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/march34th [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5kpt3/no_wifi_networks_showing_up_network_discovery_is/
  7. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  8. Computers not showing up on network

Computers not showing up on network: I have a network of 5 computers- are on Private Networks, but 4 computers recognize 4 computers but not the 5th, while the 5th computer recognizes all 5 computers. I can't map any network drive to 5th since it isn't recognized on the list. Also, don't know if this matters,...
  9. Network discovery - Windows computers missing

Network discovery - Windows computers missing: I know this question has been asked (and answered) many times but I'm still confused. I understand that some kind of discovery process that Windows used to local other Windows devices on a LAN depended on SMB 1 and that is disabled by default in Win10. And that is fine with...
  10. Network Discovery not finding computers consistently

Network Discovery not finding computers consistently: Small business with 2 Windows 10 and 2 WIndows 7 systems. Also a server running 2012sbs. From the Windows 10 systems, when we click on Windows Explorer, and then Network, the server sometimes shows up and sometimes doesn't on one system, and NEVER shows up on the other....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer never shows up on network discovery but i can connect toit