Windows 10: Computer not showing USB Devices.

Discus and support Computer not showing USB Devices. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I used plugged a USB Device, like my phone, into my computer, it would show a notification saying that a device was found. It would also show a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wooboi, Aug 7, 2019.

1. wooboi Win User

Computer not showing USB Devices.

When I used plugged a USB Device, like my phone, into my computer, it would show a notification saying that a device was found. It would also show a file in the files for my phone and would let me look through my photos, music, and other things. But recently, it won't show any notification or any files for the USB device. I also tried it with a different phone and had the same issue. I've tried to go to the advanced settings and control panel multiple times. I've even got the most updated USB updates! But it still will not let me view anything from my phone on my computer.

:)

wooboi, Aug 7, 2019

2. USB Device not showing on my computer

Hi Irfaan,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist to resolve it.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting to a different USB slot and check for the issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    We suggest you to make sure the lock screen is disabled or unlocked on your mobile phone. Further if you face the issue try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to check if it helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the issue.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    Control panel.

2. Change the view by
    option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 7, 2019
  3. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Computer not showing USB Devices.

When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

Since you've mentioned that the USB 3.0 doesn't appear in the Device Manager window. We recommend that you check the BIOS settings your device if the USB 3.0 is enabled. If you've already checked the BIOS settings and found out that it is enabled, we suggest
    that you follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Under the View tab, click Show hidden devices.
    • Check Universal Serial Bus controllers if it will show the missing items.

This will show all the hidden devices under Device Manager.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Computer not showing USB Devices.

1. Computer not showing USB Devices. - Similar Threads - Computer showing USB

2. USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device could not be recognized, then my computer showed warning that it was about to...: So, I bought a stupid "spy camera" due to my boyfriend buying SEVERAL, I was curious to know what it is he's looking for. I ordered it off of the Temu App, so I'm pretty certain everything comes from China. Long story short, I put the USB in & within seconds, a warning popped...
  3. USB device not showing up in device manager

USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  4. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not showing up in device manager: I have an Epson DS-530 scanner that was set up and running fine on my desktop a while ago before it stopped working.I have been able to set it up on another computer with no problem so I know it is not a bad cable/device, but it is not showing up in the device manager.Any...
  5. USB device not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  7. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  8. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

9. USB Devices Not Showing

USB Devices Not Showing: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...
  10. usb drive not showing on computer

usb drive not showing on computer: I have a Seagate 1 terabyte external hdd and windows 10 cant see it.. even when I go to C: drive and display all drives its not showing. its installed drivers but still cant find it.... major help on this would be good. does anyone else have this problem at any stage...