Windows 10: Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery

Discus and support Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently chose the "update and then shut down " option on my laptop. To then leave it and do something else. Only to find out later that the adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JW-1350, Dec 23, 2018.

1. JW-1350 Win User

Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery

I recently chose the "update and then shut down " option on my laptop. To then leave it and do something else. Only to find out later that the adapter was not connected and the laptop ran out of battery.... during the update process.....

Now when I start my laptop nothing happens really. There is the Acer start screen for a few seconds and then it becomes black with the small "in progress" circle at the bottom of the screen. And it stays like this for hours... :-(

I tried all sort of F-key combinations but nothing works. It looks like it doesn't even come to the point where you can use these to make any BIOS changes or so.

Who can help me please?

:)

JW-1350, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

No low battery notif + abrupt shutdown

Hi Chris-Irina,

We would like to know if you're still experiencing the issue with no low battery notification.

If yes, it is possible that this issue happened due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking if there's any pending updates?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by JohnSchoonover on this
    thread to troubleshoot your concern with no low battery notification.

If the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit a feedback or suggestion by following the steps on this
    link.
    We consider suggestions and comments provided by our users. These queries are being collated, reviewed, and can be considered for future updates.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2018
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer not starting after Windows update was aborted due to low battery - Similar Threads - Computer starting update

2. Pc black screen after abort Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc black screen after abort Windows Update: I tried everything i saw online posts i dont have signal from monitor nor keyboard lights up The pc work for few seconds and went black didnt recover I am not able to repair computer don't see anything on screen tried different cables both HDMI and DisplayPort don't workOther...
  3. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  4. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update: My Windows 10 is stuck in a reboot loop after aborting Windows Update. BIOS and dual booting are still accessible indeed I am posting this question through my Ubuntu installation, but booting Windows causes the loop. The computer will turn off several seconds after the "Press...
  5. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reboot loop after aborting Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. battery low

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery low: I no longer get a on screen message telling me my battery is low at 15% and laptop shall shutdown shortly, cant find how to get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-low/995134fc-40ca-4647-a4b7-dc7088804764
  8. Warning: battery is low; plug the computer in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Warning: battery is low; plug the computer in.: My Windows 10 desktop PC today 7/26/18 decided to display a warning continuously that the battery is low and to plug the computer in. I shut it down and changed the plug from UPS to a power bar which my printers which are on are plugged into. Still get the warning message....
  9. Windows Updates fail if battery is low or dead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates fail if battery is low or dead: https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/19649d1432326773-windows-updates-fail-if-battery-low-dead-sky.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171 Credit TenForums member skynet3 in this post To add to skynet3's reputation (you should, especially if...
  10. Computer unresponsive after aborted Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive after aborted Windows 10 upgrade: My mum started up her computer one day and it came up with the message 'upgrading to Windows 10'. I am unsure if she accidentally selected this without realising it or if Windows forced the upgrade but as she didn't want it she clicked 'decline' once the installation had...