Windows 10: computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

Discus and support computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scott arsenault, May 24, 2023.

1. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power on. But no image. I waited 5min a few times. Nothing. I hit the power switch on the power supply and turn it off then on right quick. If i did it fast enough it shuts off then back on without hitting main power button "weird i know" anyways moment i do that it starts leds, fans everything then like sec's after image for o

:)

scott arsenault, May 24, 2023

2. Pc fans start but no light in power button

A few days ago this problem started i made my PC put to sleep but when click my mouse or pressed keyboard buttons nothing happened. No light in mouse and keyboard then rebooted but did not help.

So removed all the cables.pressed the power button for 30 secs.And my PC started up. After this my PC started hanging at sleep. So I pressed the power button for a few secs while PC was on and fan were running
    a little faster. Switched off removed all cables pressed power button for 30secs boom it worked. Everytime this worked but now i shutdown pc and its not working.

Note: So now when i press the power button while pc is on sometimes fans run fast and sometimes processor fan goes off and when i turn on my pc sometimes keyboard light flaahes and switches off.

My pc specs

Win 7

Graphics Nvidia GeForce 6150 nforce 430

AMD Athlon X2 be2300 dual core 1.9GHz

Nanya Ram 1gb

Hitachi hdd 160gb

Bestec psu

Hope this helps you fix the problem.

LowAndGaming, May 24, 2023
  3. Pc fans start but no light in power button

That button you are pressing and holding for 30 seconds is the ON button. There is no OFF button on a PC.

When Windows goes through its normal shutdown, it does a lot of things. When you power it off that way, it is not able to go through those steps. Each time you do that, there is a chance that you will corrupt the system and it will not be able to start
    again later. It's a bit like Russian roulette. Keep it up and you are likely to cause your system to completely fail.

Best advice is to shut down the sleep function and simply shut your system down in the normal way.

The “sleep” or “hibernate” functions that run by default in Windows 7 can prove to be problematic. I advise my clients to restrict hibernate/sleep functions for usage only in absolutely needed circumstances. It is commonly problematic
    and seldom ever fixed. Myriads of causes you can spend weeks trying to find. Just not worth it.

FIRST: If you are running a desktop PC, shut down all sleep and hibernate functions. They are of no value and will cause you problems eventually. But, for some notebook PCs, where the computer is used in a truly mobile sense, where
    house power is not always available, you need these functions to extend battery life.

Background: The concept of sleep/hibernate was designed to extend battery life. If you are not running on a battery or never do, the very idea is quite useless. If you are doing it because your computer takes a long time to startup,
    fix that problem. Under normal circumstances if you are finished using the computer and do not plan to use it again for at least several hours, shut it down. Leaving it running continuously is a sure way to shorten your computer’s life

You can change how these functions behave here:

1. Start globe
    2. Type Power options in the text box that pops up
    3. Desktop computers:
    4. Set all hibernate/sleep functions to NEVER
    5. Notebook computers:
    6. Again, set all hibernate/sleep functions to NEVER, EXCEPT when it is battery powered.
    7. In the Power Options window, Click Change Power Settings
    8. Change Advanced Power Settings
    9. Set hard disk to turn off after 20 minutes of non-use
    10. Under Sleep, several settings:
    11. Sleep After NEVER
    12. Hybrid after: Never

Canadian Tech, May 24, 2023
  4. FZs.111 Win User

computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop.

If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime.

I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of their answers solved my problem.

I've tried:

- Unchecking fast boot

- Running power troubleshooter

- Updating all drivers

- Doing a clean boot

But none of above solved the issue.

Thanks in advance, FZs

FZs.111, May 24, 2023
Thema:

computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

1. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power... - Similar Threads - computer starting Pushing

2. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  3. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...: I have charged the laptop a few times due to thinking its extremely flat. But when I switch it on the power, internet, sound buttons and lights indicator just flashes white and orange. Before this the laptop kept restarted automatically with an error message and a blue...
  4. Hp Laptop not turning on power button, internet button light, sound button light just...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  6. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  7. power button on starting

power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  8. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  9. Start application when I push power button?

Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  10. Start application when I push power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846