Windows 10: Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Discus and support Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MPhillips85, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance.

1) The computer will turn itself on as well as any connected peripherals (such as my keyboard which has lighting on it)

2) It will NOT turn on my monitor, however. If I wake the computer myself the monitor will turn on but otherwise it doesn't wake with the computer

3) My computer is set to go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. However when it wakes itself it will remain on for hours and will not put itself back to sleep.

Everytime I've caught my computer awake I opened up a CMD window and typed in the command "powercfg -lastwake". Below is what I keep getting kicked back to me:

Wake History Count - 1

Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1

Wake Source [0]

Type: Wake Timer

Owner: [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\svchost.exe (SystemEventsBroker)

Owner Supplied Reason: Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\UpdateAssistantWakeupRun' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

I have no clue what it's talking about and I would really like to put an end to this since it is annoying and I know it adds a few dollars to the electric bill with being idle for hours at night over a period of time.

Thanks for the support!

:)

MPhillips85, Aug 6, 2019

2. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 6, 2019
  3. sjohn_az Win User
    Windows sleep mode--computer won't stay asleep

I usually manual enter sleep mode on my computer. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can put the computer to sleep but several minutes later the computer "wakes up" again. I have no problems initially going into sleep mode. Computer fan stops, HD stops etc.
    It just doesn't want to stay asleep. Any suggestions?

S. Johnson

sjohn_az, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

Computer won't stay asleep. I've tried all the basic fixes.

My computer had this issue last year, but I discovered it was Verizon's Internet Security Suite. I uninstalled it and bought Norton, which solved the problem until a couple of weeks ago. I went through forum after forum and disabled wake timers, disabled
    wake functions from all network adapters, checked powercfg command prompts, etc. It stayed asleep but wouldn't stay in hibernation. I figured I could live with that. Today it again won't stay asleep.

It all started on 8.1 and I've upgraded to 10 about a week ago. I have no idea what the problem could be.

delfinoplaza, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

1. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own - Similar Threads - Computer staying asleep

2. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  3. Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stays asleep when computer wakes up: My USB keyboard stays asleep when Windows wakes up.No lights.No keystrokes passed to computer.Searching was no use because all results interpreted this as the keyboard is unable to wake up the computer. This problem is the opposite.Keyboard: Cool Master CK552...
  4. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep: Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's...
  5. Desktop will not stay asleep

Desktop will not stay asleep: Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble...
  6. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  7. windows 10 will not stay asleep

windows 10 will not stay asleep: When sleep after 10 min is set, PC will go to sleep then awake in 1 min and keep cycling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-stay-asleep/8b9544ae-2fd8-487e-be6d-fa1ac6c9da56
  8. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  9. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  10. Computer waking up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking up on it's own.: I remember that there used to be a problem with 7 and up where the network card could wake up the computer if there was any activity detected by it and could be fixed by going into the device manager and unchecking the box "Allow this device to wake the computer". This is...