Windows 10: Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

Discus and support Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I work at a library and recently one of our computer developed the issue where whenever we booted up the computer, it would say that it detected /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InfestedGeek, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

So I work at a library and recently one of our computer developed the issue where whenever we booted up the computer, it would say that it detected / was setting up / finished setting up the keyboard / mouse, and yet would not take input from either of them. I checked to make sure the usb ports were working (which they were), and there are no issues with the keyboard / mouse. I've looked for solutions, and the only one i found was to boot the computer into recovery mode by interrupting the power while windows is setting up during the start phase, but no matter how many times i tried this would not work. Any thoughts?

:)

InfestedGeek, Nov 11, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 11, 2019
  3. bearcat22 Win User
    Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Thank you, Dalchina.
    I believe I already did this. A previous disk contains this:

Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse [​IMG]

I note that this contains more things than are listed in your screen shot.

My best recollection is that it did not boot the Win10 machine.

I will, as you say, go back to the link, and start all over.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two slots, and only one RAM stick. I believe it is DDR3, but I have no way to find out.
    Neither slot works to boot.
    All I get is this screen:

Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse [​IMG]

I will look at the links and try to follow POST troubleshooting

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that POST list is DAUNTING.

I mean.....I don't have a job, I have all the time to do it.....but it feels like
    they are saying. You have the Sahara desert. Here is a teaspoon.
    Start shoveling.

Some of the things I simply won't be able to do.

Update: following post troubleshooting:
    1. Removed everything but power cable. Powered on, no sound.
    Then attached monitor cable. Two beeps.
    Menu says "Reboot and select proper boot device, etc.

2. computer is plugged directly into wall outlet
    3. The beep code chart is meaningless to me
    4. All fans are running
    5. Impossible to be sure, but all cables seem secure
    6 and 7....there is no way I'm touching any of this stuff. No way.
    8.I already tested the RAM stick.
    all other ideas are things I cannot or will not do.

bearcat22, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

Windows not taking input by keyboard

Hello, I'm using windows 10 version 1703, build OS: 15063.540 . But recently a new problem has surfaced. No (like cortana, search bar in settings , etc.) search bar is taking input from keyboard, Calculator has also stopped taking input from keyboard. I
    have done everything suggested on internet but nothing works. Kindly help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SamratShekhar, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse

1. Computer not taking input from Keyboard / Mouse - Similar Threads - Computer taking input

2. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse: This has only been happening for the last couple weeks I'd say, but occasionally my computer receives double inputs from the keyboard or mouse. For instance, pressing "a" sometimes gives "aa" instead happens with other letters too or right clicking with the mouse will right...
  3. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse: This has only been happening for the last couple weeks I'd say, but occasionally my computer receives double inputs from the keyboard or mouse. For instance, pressing "a" sometimes gives "aa" instead happens with other letters too or right clicking with the mouse will right...
  4. Computer is occasionally getting double inputs from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. windows sub system not taking input from keyboard

windows sub system not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-not-taking-input-from-keyboard/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  6. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on: When I turn on my PC, none of my inputs are detected from my keyboard except for the space bar, tab, and enter. I have to use the on-screen keyboard to type in my password, after my password is typed in, it detects input as normal. How do I fix this?...
  7. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on: When I turn on my PC, none of my inputs are detected from my keyboard except for the space bar, tab, and enter. I have to use the on-screen keyboard to type in my password, after my password is typed in, it detects input as normal. How do I fix this?...
  8. Computer not taking input from keyboard when powered on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse: Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse. I am incapable of obtaining the Windows Version number or any other info. That is where it is now. Background: purchased July 3 2019: Shinobee SSD Ultra 8-Core Gaming PC/Multimedia Desktop Computer - FX 8300 8 x...
  10. Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard: Everything worked fine yesterday on my HP computer. Today, the mouse works and I can press any key on the keyboard to wake the computer or make it bring up the login screen. However, when I type my password or PIN the letters do not enter on the screen but the 'enter' key...