Windows 10: Computer not turning on after a reset

Discus and support Computer not turning on after a reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I was trying to reset my computer, and after I reset it, it would load for like 3 seconds, shut off, and do the exact same again. The whole... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BobJones_309, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Computer not turning on after a reset

Hi

I was trying to reset my computer, and after I reset it, it would load for like 3 seconds, shut off, and do the exact same again. The whole percentage loading screen occurred, and it seemed like it was trying to reboot itself. But it wouldn't start. I've disconnected all drivers USB, plug, etc. and tried turning it off on and off which I don't think is a safe thing to do. Can anybody help? My computer isn't working at all, and I'm starting to think it was a virus or some sort of malware.

:)

BobJones_309, Oct 30, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 30, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer not turning on after a reset

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Computer not turning on after a reset

1. Computer not turning on after a reset - Similar Threads - Computer turning reset

2. Accidently turning off computer right after turning it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently turning off computer right after turning it on: Hi, I pressed power button to turn on my computer, then I thought it didn't do anything because I didn't press it hard enough so I pressed it again and I realized I shut it down that way. I turned it on 5 minutes later and it was a bit slower when starting up. Is there any...
  3. Accidently turning off computer right after turning it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently turning off computer right after turning it on: Hi, I pressed power button to turn on my computer, then I thought it didn't do anything because I didn't press it hard enough so I pressed it again and I realized I shut it down that way. I turned it on 5 minutes later and it was a bit slower when starting up. Is there any...
  4. Accidently turning off computer right after turning it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer reset turning off at 65%.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer reset turning off at 65%.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  6. BSOD after computer reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after computer reset.: I have been getting multiple BSOD for the past couple of weeks and this week I restarted my entire pc and all my drivers are installed. Just today I received another BSOD but in this case I couldn't see the error because most of my screen was black and on the bottom left I...
  7. Windows Computer keeps turning off and on uncontrollably after trying to factory reset the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Computer keeps turning off and on uncontrollably after trying to factory reset the...: Hi Windows, After trying to install an update of a game I play on my windows computer, and it not working which doesn't make sense because i have 2 games downloaded and 118 GB of space but it is full for some reason, I factory resetted my computer to free up some space....
  8. Wallpaper turned red after reset pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper turned red after reset pc: Is this a thing that happend to anyone else Please help Do i have a virus i reformated the hard drives Thank submitted by /u/burazer123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/faycvj/wallpaper_turned_red_after_reset_pc/
  9. PC Monitors not turning on after factory reset

PC Monitors not turning on after factory reset: Hey everyone, I factory reset my computer before I slept last night and the monitors arent working. My dell one says the current input timing is not supported by the monitor display and my samsung one is just off. Id turn off my pc to go through bios but im worried not...
  10. Screen turns red after windows resetting

Screen turns red after windows resetting: After I reset my computer, there's nothing wrong at once. However, when I restarted windows, the screen had been a little red or pink. It's especially obvious on the moving white text. The white text totally turns pink! There's nothing wrong in setting items. I think it may...