Windows 10: Computer not turning on

Discus and support Computer not turning on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, anytime I try to turn on my laptop. I get this screen with lots of spinning wheels and then it just shows a black screen after that. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Timileyin Amoye, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Computer not turning on

Hello all, anytime I try to turn on my laptop. I get this screen with lots of spinning wheels and then it just shows a black screen after that. For context my laptop screen was replaced some months ago before this issue started. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Timileyin Amoye, Sep 25, 2022

2. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 25, 2022
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Computer not turning on

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Computer not turning on

1. Computer not turning on - Similar Threads - Computer turning

2. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  3. During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During the update may I turn of the computer by main button or not because of any important...: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***+94769965959 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/during-the-update-may-i-turn-of-the-computer-by/aac28bd7-03c1-4699-b005-731f9392a538
  4. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  5. Boot error randomly when turning on computer

Boot error randomly when turning on computer: Tried to turn on my computer and it returned 0xc000000f, it had turned off while I was reading up on the error and returned 0xc000000d. Not entirely sure what the next step to take is...
  6. Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.: HP Envy laptop. My computer screen randomly went black, but the power button was still lit. At the side of the keyboard, the charger light was on and white like normal but blinking. I turned the computer on and off, now the power button doesn’t light up at all. I took the...
  7. Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.

Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.: HP Envy laptop. My computer screen randomly went black, but the power button was still lit. At the side of the keyboard, the charger light was on and white like normal but blinking. I turned the computer on and off, now the power button doesn’t light up at all. I took the...
  8. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  9. My computer turns off by itself why?

My computer turns off by itself why?: When ever I try to install windows 10 it tells me to not turn off the computer but for some reason my computer automatically turns off by itself and I don’t know what to do I’ve installed windows 10 many times because of this and it keeps on happening what can I do...
  10. My computer turns off by itself why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade