Windows 10: Computer Not Updating Since End of October

Discus and support Computer Not Updating Since End of October in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LCraft1055, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Computer Not Updating Since End of October

Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not open. Cannotdownload Office. Updates will not install. The start up page store/people etc. will not open. Ive tried resetting the Update Components, resetting my computer twice will not reset. Just recently it started saying Windows needed activated. I tried to download Malwarebytes. It would not do anything when I click on it. I am not sure what is going on with the computer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have Windows 10 with the 1903 build. Will not updated to 1909. I have hp envy. 64 bit.

Laura

:)

LCraft1055, Apr 6, 2020

2. Computer Not Updating Since End of October

Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not open. Cannotdownload Office. Updates will not install. The start up page (store/people etc.) will not open.
    Ive tried resetting the Update Components, resetting my computer twice (will not reset). Just recently it started saying Windows needed activated. I tried to download Malwarebytes. It would not do anything when I click on it. I am not sure what is going
    on with the computer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have Windows 10 with the 1903 build. Will not updated to 1909. I have hp envy. 64 bit.

Laura

LCraft1055, Apr 7, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Apr 7, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Computer Not Updating Since End of October

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer Not Updating Since End of October

1. Computer Not Updating Since End of October - Similar Threads - Computer Updating Since

2. Issue since end of January update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue since end of January update.: As title states. The issue is that the pc turns on, finishes booting up, and then goes into hibernation and won’t come out. It has to be turned off and turned back on to access windows again then it just goes back into hibernation. Wash, rinse, repeat. It doesn’t give me...
  3. BSoD since October 16th

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD since October 16th: Yes, i have had BSoD's since the 16th of october i've done all the troubleshooting which are memtest - came back clear, got new ram just in case tho, still happens got a new PSU just incase that was the cause reset windows uninstalled old display drivers and reinstalled new...
  4. Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update: 04/05/2020 - I am running an HP Pavilion p6724y Desktop - Updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as soon as it was released Pentium E5700 Processor - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel GMA x4500 Integrated Graphics Windows v. 1903 - Build 18362.657 Yes, this is an older computer,...
  5. Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Major slowing issues since October cumulative update?: Hi, installed the October cumulative about two or three days ago, and have noticed the system is much slower to sleep, shut down and reboot than it was before. I'm unable to revert back to the previous build as Windows seems to think I installed this more than 10 days ago...
  6. Windows Hello Not working since October Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Not working since October Update: Since I did a fresh install of the October update, I haven't been able to use the windows hello feature. This is on a surface pro 4, which is domain joined. I have tried changing the group policy settings but still nothing. Under the PIN setting in Sign-in options it says...
  7. No Windows Updates Since October

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  8. USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update: Having ongoing problems with usb 3.0 flash drive after most recent windows 10 update. Occurring on multiple computers that have been updated. In some cases, the USB drive is not being recognized at all. In other cases, it's being recognized but the cursor freezes. Pulling...
  9. Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...: No mater how I try to shut my computer down it instead does a restart. I can push the power button, I can left click on start>power>shutdown, right click start> shut down or sign out>shut down, or even alt+F shutdown and it just restarts. The only way for me to shut the...
  10. No sound since October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...