Windows 10: computer not using memory

Discus and support computer not using memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have 12 gbs of memory installed on my computer. my computer specs recognizes all 12 gbs but windows 10 only uses 4 gbs. is there anyone who knows how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaymondLong2, Feb 5, 2020.

1. computer not using memory

I have 12 gbs of memory installed on my computer. my computer specs recognizes all 12 gbs but windows 10 only uses 4 gbs. is there anyone who knows how to correct this problem.

:)

RaymondLong2, Feb 5, 2020

2. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 5, 2020
  4. computer not using memory

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

To further assist you, we suggest that you run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Refer to the steps provided below:

• On the Start screen, type memory.
    • Click Settings and then click the result Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
    • Select the option to run the tool.

We also suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus as it consumes more memory and then try to upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

computer not using memory

1. computer not using memory - Similar Threads - computer using memory

2. high memory use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  3. high memory use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory use: Hi, Task manager shows that I use around 60% of my RAM, although there isn't really anything running. The RAM usage increases over time and can even reach 100%.If I restart it will drop to around 60% again. I have 8GBs of RAM and have Windows 10 latest update. This problem...
  4. high memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason: [ATTACH] I have an i59400f GTX1660TI with 8gbRAM. I saw that in desktop with no apps openned my RAM is going up to 80%. so i go to see the services and i saw this, i know that is an w10 hoster, but theese all services are necessary ?????...
  6. who is using memory?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    who is using memory?: I have a problem with memory. It is 100% but I can't understand who is using it. I would not like to restart to fix it. The thing that worries me is the high use of virtual memory. I used process monitor but it doesn't tell me how virtual memory is used. Can anyone...
  7. Computer does not use ram memory

Computer does not use ram memory: I bought a new laptop and a windows 10 home usb stick along with it. I installed windows 10 64 bit using the stick but when i boot it up and go into my computer i have just a C drive with 400 and something gbs. I have 16 gb ram that are visable when i go to about tab. The...
  8. Using external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external memory: I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me! My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging that is suggested. I have pluged in a 500GB external disk to offload some of the items I don't use on a regular basis. The...
  9. computer memory

computer memory: computer is low in memory I have external memory ( 32 GB ) , but not help . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-memory/765f1e9d-2386-417f-9886-ad5e2faf69db
  10. use memory card

use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....