Windows 10: Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

Discus and support Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Big Dan 49, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and Storage drive backups. All scans/backups are on a schedule to do these tasks. Computer has to be onnot in sleep mode to do these tasks. Fast start has been disabled.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Big Dan 49, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 10, 2022
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

1. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans - Similar Threads - Computer waking sleep

2. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  3. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  4. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans: I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and Storage drive backups. All scans/backups are on a schedule to do these tasks. Computer has to be onnot in sleep mode to do these...
  5. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans: I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and Storage drive backups. All scans/backups are on a schedule to do these tasks. Computer has to be onnot in sleep mode to do these...
  6. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  7. My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode,: Hi, My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, I end up having to hold down the power button for a few seconds forcing a restart. anyone know a fix for this?...
  8. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  9. Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer screen will not wake up from sleep mode: When my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a hard reset to wake it up by pressing the power button and restarting. I can hear it operating, but it will not turn the screen on. I have been trying to fix it for a few weeks, so I can't even remember all the things I have done...
  10. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"