Windows 10: Computer not working after updates

Discus and support Computer not working after updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I reset my pc, everything was working until I did windows update. Now search, start, internet browser and cortana won't work, been struggling for 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BerniceO'Kelly, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Computer not working after updates

I reset my pc, everything was working until I did windows update. Now search, start, internet browser and cortana won't work, been struggling for 3 days now. Had to send message from my cell phone as I can't get into internet browser, also won't read disc's. The Store doesn't work either. All these worked before update.

:)

BerniceO'Kelly, Nov 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Computer not working after updates

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer not working after updates

1. Computer not working after updates - Similar Threads - Computer working updates

2. Please help—computer won’t work after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help—computer won’t work after an update: My computer updated Tuesday night and I came in to a funky screen with lines the next morning and now my computer does not work. I tried the procedures I found online about turning it off and holding the power button for 10-30 seconds and back on, etc. and I cannot get past...
  3. Computer not working well after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not working well after Windows 10 update: This is quite a long issue. So, a couple days ago I was using my laptop normally when suddenly, a bsod popped up and a restart loop began, we took it to a technician and they factory reset it, and put an old version of windows 10 since they couldn't recover my old windows,...
  4. computer not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not working after latest update: Firstly appologies if i am posting in the wrong place, Yesterday i did the latest update & now i cant get past the opening screen that asks for the pin code, the reason for this is it looks like all of my usb ports are disabled so i as good as have no mouse or keyboard. I...
  5. Computer not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer not working after Windows 10 update: Hi! Today my computer updated the Windows 10 when I had left it just running. I guess it couldn't update til the end, because it was frozen and I just turned it off. Now every time I turn it on it works for about 5 minutes and then the screen freezes and nothing happens. It...
  6. Computer not working properly after update

Computer not working properly after update: Hi, I did an update for Windows 10 version 2004. I was prompted to restart my computer and then after starting up again, my background photo was a generic/default and it was telling me there was an issue logging into my account. So it asked me to reenter my pin, and told me...
  7. Computer not working after Windows update

Computer not working after Windows update: Sorry for bothering you but ever since I installed the latest Windows update my computer has not been working at all. I can't open many programs, I can't end programs in the task manager, I can't install programs, I can't uninstall programs, and programs I had activated on my...
  8. After updating my computer does not work

After updating my computer does not work: Last night, my computer performed an automatic update in Windows 10, but when the update is finished, the PC does not start Now I have an HDD with win 10 that doesn't start I don't have any disc with the Windows 10 version because I update from win7 to win 10 through the...
  9. Nothing works on my computer after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing works on my computer after update: I got a new computer yesterday, and after setting everything up, it ran smoothly. However, after Windows updated on my computer, nothing seems to be working expect Google Chrome. I can't access apps such as Steam, the taskbar on the bottom, or even the settings or task...
  10. Computer Half-works After Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Half-works After Update: I was on the fast insider downloads, but when I updated to the Fall Creators Update my computer would restart every 15 minutes, over and over again. So I rolled it back to pre-update, and quit the Insiders' program. Yesterday my computer updated on its own, and now only...