Windows 10: Computer not working following update to Windows 11

Discus and support Computer not working following update to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChristineB25, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried to reset my computer since the files I really need were backed up via BOX. This did not solve the problem. Next I tried to Advanced Options > start up repair and got:Startup repair couldn’t fix your PCPress “advanced options” to try other options to repair your PC or “shut down” to turn off your PC.Log file: C:\WINDOWS\

:)

ChristineB25, Dec 29, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 29, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2021
  4. denmarfl Win User

Computer not working following update to Windows 11

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Computer not working following update to Windows 11

1. Computer not working following update to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Computer working following

2. Unable to unlock computer, following windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlock computer, following windows update: My HP sceptre 360 updated, and immediately after will not allow me to login. Fingerprint is unrecognizable, and the PIN has the error code: 0x80090011. The option to reset pin is present, but does not actually work. I am unable to enter safemode. and there is no way to login...
  3. Unable to unlock computer, following windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock computer, following windows update: My HP sceptre 360 updated, and immediately after will not allow me to login. Fingerprint is unrecognizable, and the PIN has the error code: 0x80090011. The option to reset pin is present, but does not actually work. I am unable to enter safemode. and there is no way to login...
  4. Computer not working following update to Windows 11

Computer not working following update to Windows 11: Hi! I have a Dell XPS that has worked great for me for just a couple years. When I was prompted for the latest update something went wrong. I was able to restart but then the desktop looked different and I could not click on anything for setting or the start menu.So I tried...
  5. Volume buttons not working on Surface Pro 6 following Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume buttons not working on Surface Pro 6 following Windows 11 Update: Title says it all. Since the install of Windows 11 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 my volume buttons have not been working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons-not-working-on-surface-pro-6/a00f2ab8-2f32-40fd-8f11-d459d7cf4882
  6. Volume buttons not working on Surface Pro 6 following Windows 11 Update

Volume buttons not working on Surface Pro 6 following Windows 11 Update: Title says it all. Since the install of Windows 11 on my Microsoft Surface Pro 6 my volume buttons have not been working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-buttons-not-working-on-surface-pro-6/a00f2ab8-2f32-40fd-8f11-d459d7cf4882
  7. stuff dont work following windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuff dont work following windows update: Windows installed updates a few days ago. Since then, many things do not work, such as my start button, my search window on the taskbar, and many other tasks on the task bar are on strike. I was connected to an expert, that told me there were issues with the update and...
  8. Apps not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working following Windows update: Recently, every time I permit a Windows 10 update (twice in the last few days), non-Windows apps stop working. I can then sometimes get the apps running by uninstalling and reinstalling. This is just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of incidents since Windows 10...
  9. HDMI not working following Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working following Windows update: I had my internet connections set to metred for over a year because I like to get my computer set up so it is working and then not mess with it. Recently new software was complaining that my Windows 10 build was too old, so I let it completely update. Following the updates I...
  10. Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird will not work following Windows updates: Recently, following updates to Windows 10, I have not been able to receive my e-mail. Can anyone give a solution please? 100696