Windows 10: Computer not working

Discus and support Computer not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am currently trying to fix my bosses sons computer. I am the most computer savvy in the office an as such have been named the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LousyNebula5, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Computer not working

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to fix my bosses sons computer. I am the most computer savvy in the office an as such have been named the unofficial IT guy. I do know quite a bit but this is stumping me.

First, the computer is not letting him sign in to his account saying that there is a problem. now with this it let him sign in with a temporary account, the problem is in this account he literally can't do anything. Any program opened immediately closes and a lot of things don't work. I tried to do all the steps told by me on the Microsoft page to recover the account. nothing worked. I then tried to do a windows defender scan but of course the window opened then immediately closes itself. I then had the bright idea to use command prompt to add a new user in and elevate it to admin (Which worked) and delete the old account. now the new account doesn't say there was an error logging in but still acts like the temporary account in the fact nothing is working. I then tried to reset it to factory settings and it starts and before it reaches 4% it says there was a problem resetting your pc. I cant download any malware scanners because no browsers will open, and I cant boot it into safe mode and restore it I've already tried that as well.

does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

LousyNebula5, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Computer Not Working

It's a laptop and it has a battery so I don't think that will work unless you want me ripping out the battery repeatedly

Nova_DeathStep, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Computer not working

Computer Not Working

Hi,

Failure to access the Start menu and missing icons can be caused by a corrupted user profile. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option and create a new user account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you were able to access Safe Mode, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10. By doing this, we may identify if this is an account related issue. The link also contains all the necessary information including the step on how to set up a new account in Windows 10.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer not working

1. Computer not working - Similar Threads - Computer working

2. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  3. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  4. Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...: Just installed Windows 11, and my taskbar now covers my Excel tabs - how do I fix this? i don't want to autohide my taskbar, and tried to turnoff flashing taskbar..Thanks....
  5. Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...

Work computer taskbar seems to cover the Excel tabs when maximized in Windows 11 - how do I...: Just installed Windows 11, and my taskbar now covers my Excel tabs - how do I fix this? i don't want to autohide my taskbar, and tried to turnoff flashing taskbar..Thanks....
  6. Computer stuck at 97% working on update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck at 97% working on update.: Hi,Computer has been stuck at 97% working on update. I have tried the hard reset and it just gets stuck at 97% again.Is there any other avenue to correct this.Thanks...
  7. Computer stuck at 97% working on update.

Computer stuck at 97% working on update.: Hi,Computer has been stuck at 97% working on update. I have tried the hard reset and it just gets stuck at 97% again.Is there any other avenue to correct this.Thanks...
  8. Logging into fileserver locally using credentials, works on some computers, but the rest...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logging into fileserver locally using credentials, works on some computers, but the rest...: We have a local network file server, our computers that need to connect to the fileserver is over ethernet and is using a private network, the issue we are having is that fileserver is visiable in the network panel in the file explorer, but when we want to connect to the...
  9. Logging into fileserver locally using credentials, works on some computers, but the rest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into fileserver locally using credentials, works on some computers, but the rest...: We have a local network file server, our computers that need to connect to the fileserver is over ethernet and is using a private network, the issue we are having is that fileserver is visiable in the network panel in the file explorer, but when we want to connect to the...
  10. Logging into fileserver locally using credentials, works on some computers, but the rest...