Windows 10: Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used...

Discus and support Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Scenario: Computer boots up off-network User logs on cached creds VPN connection established Questions: Is the LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP updated on AD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [Kat_21], Feb 2, 2021.

1. [Kat_21] Win User

Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used...

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Scenario:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]
    • Computer boots up off-network
    • User logs on cached creds
    • VPN connection established
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Questions:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Is the LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP updated on AD at this point? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]If the device has an SCCM / MECM client - do those services / actions carried out by the client cause the LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP attribute to be updated?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I do see the LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP attribute being updated for a sample-set of computers, however I really want to understand WHEN and WHAT activity is actually causing the AD Computer Object attribute to be updated? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Do Windows 10 clients behave any differently to Windows 8 clients or Windows 7 on MS ESU of course for that matter? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Would really would like to see a knowledge base article from Microsoft on this, would be super-helpful.[/COLOR]

:)

[Kat_21], Feb 2, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 2, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used... :D

P4-630, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used...

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used...

1. Computer object attribute LASTLOGONTIMESTAMP - update behaviour over VPN cached creds used... - Similar Threads - Computer object attribute

2. Windows 10 VPN - unable to cache creds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN - unable to cache creds: I have a odd question : Domain user is connecting using the Windows 10 VPN. Can connect - no issues there can access files, etc... , but they need to cache their new password on the remote machine. Locking the computer and logging into the computer with the new password is...
  3. Windows 10 VPN - unable to cache creds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 VPN - unable to cache creds: I have a odd question : Domain user is connecting using the Windows 10 VPN. Can connect - no issues there can access files, etc... , but they need to cache their new password on the remote machine. Locking the computer and logging into the computer with the new password is...
  4. Windows 10 VPN - unable to cache creds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update 20H2 problem with audio / general computer behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 20H2 problem with audio / general computer behaviour: Since updating to 20H2, on my first boot I get stuttery audio playback as well as output and the computer takes very long to restart, with the spinning dots moving very slowly, reverting the update did NOT fix the issue, any idea? submitted by /u/XV_Nicole [link]...
  6. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  7. VMWare over VPN

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare over VPN: PCs here connect to a VPN at start up. I want to install VMWare to load games. The VM will contain the OS and the game and nothing else. I will need internet access because the games use launchers like Origin, Steam and Battle.net If the host is connected to the VPN 1. Will...
  8. Some FOLDER objects, eg Documents, have the ReadOnly Attribute set

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some FOLDER objects, eg Documents, have the ReadOnly Attribute set: Can anyone shed light on the "ReadOnly" attribute when applied to a FOLDER object? and also Can anyone enumerate all the possible values of the Folder.Type property? From the code & results below you can see interesting correlations – or absences of same e.g. Docs, Pics,...
  9. Strange update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange update behaviour: I have two PC's, my wife's and my own, both upgraded on line from 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The only difference is that my wife's PC is 32-bit and mine is 64-bit. Yesterday, my wife called me to say that something strange happened when she booted her PC and that it was now...
  10. Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN: I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access. A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it...