Windows 10: computer on all the time unless I turn it off

Discus and support computer on all the time unless I turn it off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to keep my computer on all the time unless I turn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NanRipley, Aug 3, 2020.

1. NanRipley Win User

computer on all the time unless I turn it off

I want to keep my computer on all the time unless I turn it off

:)

NanRipley, Aug 3, 2020
  2. kgibbins Win User

Computer Turns Off All The Time

After several of Microsoft's updates, our home computer is now turning off all the time - without us wanting it too. This usually occurs after several hours of nonuse (day or night). I want to stop this from happening. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Thank you

kgibbins, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    Computer Turns Off All The Time

Hello,

This may occur if there are misconfigured options in Power Settings. To resolve this, we recommend that you check the following settings:

• Press the Windows key + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Under Power & sleep settings,
      • Screen: When plugged in, turn off after – Never
      • Sleep: When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after – Never.
    • Click Additional power settings.
    • Select “Choose when to turn off the display” and “Change when the computer sleeps”.
    • All should be set to Never.

If all settings are configure based on how you would like to have it, we recommend that you run the
    Power Troubleshooter by going to Settings >
    Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot > Power >
    Run the troubleshooter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Aera Rua, Aug 3, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. computer on all the time unless I turn it off - Similar Threads - computer unless turn

2. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off: This problem arose after I took out the CMOS Battery for a minute and put it back in as instructed to fix a past error. I have already reseated the RAM, taken out 1 then the other, unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back in, and reset the CMOS using the button various...
  3. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off: This problem arose after I took out the CMOS Battery for a minute and put it back in as instructed to fix a past error. I have already reseated the RAM, taken out 1 then the other, unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back in, and reset the CMOS using the button various...
  4. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  6. Computer screen won't turn on unless we unplug it several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen won't turn on unless we unplug it several times: Hi and sorry for my english.My girlfriend's computer screen got a strange problem. Everytime she started it since three days, the screen remains black. If she press the power button, it goes on then shutdown immediatly by itself. Everytime we try to unplug it and we figured...
  7. Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?: Is there a setting to turn my computer off at 11pm and turn it back on at 7am? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-time-for-computer-to-turn-offsleep/dc0ed1e2-d3e1-4294-bba5-de602ab6b171
  8. My Computer Will Not Sign Into Safe Mode Unless Turned Off, Then On. Will Not Sign Into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer Will Not Sign Into Safe Mode Unless Turned Off, Then On. Will Not Sign Into...: I just cured a seemingly impossible sign-in problem by much lessening what loads up in startup. Three problems, however, linger. My computer will not boot into safe mode unless I shut it off first. Startup repair may address this, but I can only sign into it in safe mode....
  9. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  10. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower: my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-power-off-unless-i-turn-it/af12ef84-7857-4d35-93ba-0440eaa83476