Windows 10: Computer only showing black screen with cursor

Discus and support Computer only showing black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Huge_Map_3748, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Computer only showing black screen with cursor

Last night I was playing a game on my computer when the screen froze. After a waiting a while I just decided to turn the whole computer off. When I turned it back on after the loading screen (white spinning dots) it goes straight to a black screen. I can move the cursor but nothing else shows up. The keyboard does nothing (Ctrl+Alt+Del, F8 spam) and I've tried basically everything. What could be the issue? Could the game have been too big for my computer and that's the problem? How can I fix it? Thank you!

submitted by /u/Huge_Map_3748
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Huge_Map_3748, Mar 30, 2021
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Mar 30, 2021
  3. black screen with cursor

How can I do the steps listed above, there is nothing but a black screen, nothing to click on. When I restart the computer, there is no problem. But sooner or later I get the black screen. I mean my Mom just bought a brand new computer, and it also does
    it to her. Could the screensaver be causing the problem? It is a screensaver that comes with Windows 10.

CappieSmith, Mar 30, 2021
  4. BetsyCole Win User

Computer only showing black screen with cursor

Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Computer only showing black screen with cursor

1. Computer only showing black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Computer showing black

2. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  3. My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen is not showing anything it is black and only the cursor is showing.: Only the cursor moves and the whole sceen is blackhow to fix this problem need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-screen-is-not-showing-anything-it-is/602b6b21-7788-48c5-92bb-5cf5db822a26
  4. Windows black screen with cursor only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows black screen with cursor only: Hey community I have a issue. When I log in with my account ot takes too time to log in and shows only black screen with cursor when I restart my laptop again its shows black screen again and when I restart again then I got my desktop... pls help me to fix this issue I never...
  5. Black screen with only the cursor mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with only the cursor mouse: I had windows 10 on my computer but today I installed Windows 7 and the desktop crashed and didn't even load the icons, so I tried to start in safe mode and it got worse because now only a black screen appears with the mouse pointer after "starting windows" appears, help me...
  6. Windows 10 computer shows black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer shows black screen with cursor.: Hello. I have a windows 10 computer and it shows a black screen with cursor before login. I have tried to do commands to open up task manager and its no use. I have checked to make sure my key board is on also. I did that by clicking keys such as caps lock and num lock and...
  7. preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.: Keyboard doesnt work. I can only move the cursor. submitted by /u/FUCKINGHISSRICH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnze3m/preparing_automatic_repair_then_shows_only_black/
  8. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  9. PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor

PC showing black screen with only mouse cursor: Hi Today I tried to power on the system when the system started it didn't show any Windows logo and only blank screen appears with cursor the cursor can be moved but nothing is shown on the screen. I am using the Windows 10....
  10. Black screen and cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and cursor only: I have black screen and cursor only Tried opening task manager to run a new task to add in explorer.exe. Task manager then decides to close when i hit run new task. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 84632