Windows 10: Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

Discus and support Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my computer will not go to sleep automatically. It has no problem going to sleep and staying asleep if i put it to sleep manually. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WR3CKL3SS, Jun 18, 2020.

1. WR3CKL3SS Win User

Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

my computer will not go to sleep automatically. It has no problem going to sleep and staying asleep if i put it to sleep manually. I have tried the following things monitor does turn off automatically still:

Updating Windows via windows update

Updating all drivers

Running powercfg -requests to see what is requesting power

Running powercfg -energy to see if there are any power issues and nothing in that log is preventing my pc from sleeping automatically

Gone to my network card drivers and ensured that "allow this device to wake my computer" is unchecked

Ensured that only my keyboard and mouse are the only things that can wake my PC.

Unplugged all external hardware and tried to let it fall asleep but it stays awake.

Running powercfg -h off to ensure hibernate is off

Restarting my pc with all non windows services disabled

going thru task manager and trying to end any tasks that could be using the internet.

Running power troubleshooter

Gone thru advanced power settings and set options to favor sleep

This is a PC is a desktop with no battery, no camera.

Asus z390-e gaming

intel core i7-9700k

nvidia rtx 2080

:)

WR3CKL3SS, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Internet disconnects automatically

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve the issue. I understand that the laptop gets disconnected from internet automatically.

As you have mentioned that after a network reset the internet starts working, I would suggest you to check the following settings and see if that makes a difference:

Power Management settings:

We can try changing the Power Management settings for the Network Adapter and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network Adapters.
    3. Right click on the Wi-Fi Adapter, and select
      Properties.
    4. Now, go to Power Management tab.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    6. Click on OK.

Set Maximum performance for Wireless Adapter:

I would suggest you to try setting the power settings for Wireless Adapter to Maximum Performance. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control powercfg.cpl,,3 and click on
      OK.
    3. Expand, Wireless Adapter Settings, and then
      Power Saving Mode.
    4. Select Maximum Performance for
      On battery
      and Plugged in.
    5. Click on OK.

Change Startup type for WLAN AutoConfig

You can also change the start type for WLAN AutoConfig service to Automatic. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for WLAN AutoConfig service and double click on it.
    4. Select Automatic from the drop-down for
      Startup type.
    5. Click on Start to start the service.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Internet disconnects when computer sleeps

Windows 10 - every time, and I mean every time, my computer goes into sleep mode I lose my internet connection. The icon shows as being connected but at a low speed and I cannot connect when I open a new browser window. I need to disconnect and then reconnect
    and it works just fine. This has only started to happen since I upgraded to windows 10, it never happened previously. This occurs also whenever I reboot or shut down.

Nothing negative has occurred as a result, at least not has far as I can tell, but it's a real pain to have to go through the steps whenever I come back to the computer.

KenRabbers, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected

1. Computer only sleeps automatically if internet is disconnected - Similar Threads - Computer sleeps automatically

2. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  3. Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi Disconnects automatically after Sleep: Hi! mi wi-fi keeps disconnecting after laptop goes to sleep. I can solve the issue by running the windows troubleshooter which is getting really annoying to run it 20+ times a day. Sometimes the trouble shooter fixes the issue by resetting the wireless adapter, while...
  4. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps: I recently installed a new FIOS router G3100 and my computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps. It never did this before. When my computer sleeps i lose internet connection and it takes about a minute to reconnect every time. Has a recent update in Windows causes...
  5. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps: I recently installed a new FIOS router G3100 and my computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps. It never did this before. When my computer sleeps i lose internet connection and it takes about a minute to reconnect every time. Has a recent update in Windows causes...
  6. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  8. Internet automatically disconnects issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet automatically disconnects issue?: Hey guys I have been trying too download gta online from Rockstar games (90 GB) and my wifi starts to disconnects randomly. Does anyone know what this issue is? submitted by /u/Station_Suitable [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer disconnects from the internet

Computer disconnects from the internet: Hello, I have been having issues where multiple times a day, for multiple days now, my computer will randomly disconnect from the WiFi. All other devices at my house stay connected, but my laptop would say no Internet. A few seconds go back and the computer automatically...
  10. Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep

Internet keeps disconnecting on sleep: Hi No matter what I do and define, the internet connection still breaks when the computer gets into sleep mode. I changed in the power plan settings and even the group policy (see attached). The latter made the power settings to be disabled on "enabled" meaning it...