Windows 10: Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

Discus and support Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,My PC year and half old has recently caused an issue that I can't figure out. This week when going into sleep mode, it would not turn back on-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FinlayStalker, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

Hello,My PC year and half old has recently caused an issue that I can't figure out. This week when going into sleep mode, it would not turn back on- only some of the fans were on and the screen was black. I would unplug the PC for upto 15 hours and it would be fine until turned off again where it would present the same issue- fans on, black screen. I had an old HDD in my house and plugged that in- where the PC began to work, so I assumed my SSD was damaged or something? I then bought a new SSD today and the same issue persists. I then found out that when using both SSD and HDD, my SSD works

:)

FinlayStalker, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

1. Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in - Similar Threads - Computer turns old

2. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  3. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  4. laptop only turning on when plugged in but charger is loose

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop only turning on when plugged in but charger is loose: when i try turn on my laptop not plugged in it doesnt turn on but when plugged in its full charged and it turns on i tried resetting the battery pin hole no work i tried to disable microsoft battery driver no work tried everything this battery is just 1 month or 2 old and my...
  5. laptop only turning on when plugged in but charger is loose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop only turning on when plugged in but charger is loose: when i try turn on my laptop not plugged in it doesnt turn on but when plugged in its full charged and it turns on i tried resetting the battery pin hole no work i tried to disable microsoft battery driver no work tried everything this battery is just 1 month or 2 old and my...
  6. laptop only turning on when plugged in but charger is loose

7. Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in: Hello,My PC year and half old has recently caused an issue that I can't figure out. This week when going into sleep mode, it would not turn back on- only some of the fans were on and the screen was black. I would unplug the PC for upto 15 hours and it would be fine until...
  8. Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in

Computer only turns on when old HDD is plugged in: Hello,My PC year and half old has recently caused an issue that I can't figure out. This week when going into sleep mode, it would not turn back on- only some of the fans were on and the screen was black. I would unplug the PC for upto 15 hours and it would be fine until...
  9. Turn old HDD into storage device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn old HDD into storage device: So I got a new SSD for my HP Compaq DC7900 Small Form Factor. Yes its old i know. So I cloned all of the old data from my harddrive to my SSD. Took me a while but I eventually figured that by unplugging my HDD and leaving just my SSD will make my computer boot up from the...
  10. Turn old HDD into storage device

Turn old HDD into storage device: So I got a new SSD for my HP Compaq DC7900 Small Form Factor. Yes its old i know. So I cloned all of the old data from my harddrive to my SSD. Took me a while but I eventually figured that by unplugging my HDD and leaving just my SSD will make my computer boot up from the...