Windows 10: Computer Operation Speed

Discus and support Computer Operation Speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop with Windows 10 and Office 2016 has suddenly has slowed down. Had my DSL checked out by an ATT tech. The internet speed is about 5 Mb/sec.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillRng, Oct 6, 2019.

1. BillRng Win User

Computer Operation Speed

My desktop with Windows 10 and Office 2016 has suddenly has slowed down. Had my DSL checked out by an ATT tech. The internet speed is about 5 Mb/sec. Tried Explorer, Chrome, Edge etc. with no difference. How can I measure the speed of operation (if such a measure exists} and what is a the normal speed. My PC has 1.79 TB capacity with 1.7 of it free.

I also had a McAfee tech clean up the PC. with no visible improvement. Any answers? Thanks.

:)

BillRng, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Oct 6, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Computer Operation Speed

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Computer Operation Speed

1. Computer Operation Speed - Similar Threads - Computer Operation Speed

2. Computer Speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Speed: Hi, Is there a recommended app that tests the running speed of the computer? I've tried to search the forums to find if there is a thread for this, but all I get is threads about internet speed not computer speeds. I need to see if what I'm doing (mainly adjusting components...
  3. computer speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer speed: i have good internet speed yet my computer is very slow. i think i need to clean up the garbage or ? what do you recommend . thanks ! TOM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-speed/f3bca963-4334-4df0-879b-e4dc2d6c46dd
  4. Computer Speed . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Speed . . .: I have a, Dell laptop computer running, Windows 10 pro. My computer,is running, so S-L-O-W. I could barely, get out to this "Forum" I don't mean, WiFi. But, that's slow too. I mean this computer, within itself. locally. Is there, any way, to measure that? And, improve it?...
  5. Computer speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer speed: I download PC Tuneup Pro will showed it was a Microsoft program. I scanned my computer and it worked fine and now it doesn't work. Can anyone tell me what program will clean up my computer from running slow. Thank You...
  6. Computer Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Speed: Hi, everyone I am very curious. When I stat my computer, or open apps for the first time it is pretty slow. I would like to know why does my computer becomes faster the more I use it? It always starts slow when I start it. Then i just becomes fast as I use programs. I would...
  7. computer speed

computer speed: My PC speed seems to be normal (download is 40.14 mbps and upload is 7.71 mbps.} I cable provider is Xfinity and I use Microsoft Edge for a browser. Everything works fine except when I open a site, it takes quite a long time to open. Is there anything I can do to correct...
  8. Computer speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer speed: My computer is extremely slow. What can I do to speed it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-speed/a6634fc9-fbda-4f40-9db6-a610f03e82cb
  9. Computer speed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer speed?: Computer has slowed radically. What can be done to bring it up to its design speed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-speed/72e343a2-6ae5-4ffe-989f-234af4a0d021
  10. computer speed

computer speed: Is there a reliable app or program that can analyze your computer for speed and performance? I try to off- load big files to an external hard drives, but it doesn't seem to help much. I do have a lot of small odds and ends programs that I use only once in a while. Thanks...