Windows 10: computer overheating

Discus and support computer overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; have to set computer on an A/C to get it to work , high temp 200C. +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by georgebennett3, Jan 17, 2020.

1. computer overheating

have to set computer on an A/C to get it to work , high temp 200C. +

:)

georgebennett3, Jan 17, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Major update interrupted by computer overheating shutdown

Hi Sheila,

We would like to let you know that you're doing a great job on updating your computer to a newer version. Though you've encountered an error message "shutting down of your computer due to overheating" and "reverting back to previous version" reason for the
    update not to push through. However, we would like to know the version of Windows 10 you're running on your computer now. It's for us to identify what would be the accurate steps to provide you. We also suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the updates
    that have been downloaded to your computer. You may check this article to learn how to check the version of your Windows

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 17, 2020
  4. computer overheating

Overheating

Thanks took some of those steps and seems to be running better, has not overheated. Think I will take it to someone I trust to clean the fan and re-apply heat paste.

JohnPranke, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

computer overheating

1. computer overheating - Similar Threads - computer overheating

2. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  3. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  4. Computer Crashing/Overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashing/Overheating: Hello, I am looking for some help with recent computer issues. I have recently upgraded my computer after struggling with computer crashes within the last 2-3 months. Originally, when my computer was crashing I noticed that anytime I bumped my desk, the computer was freezing,...
  5. Computer Crashing/Overheating

Computer Crashing/Overheating: Hello, I am looking for some help with recent computer issues. I have recently upgraded my computer after struggling with computer crashes within the last 2-3 months. Originally, when my computer was crashing I noticed that anytime I bumped my desk, the computer was freezing,...
  6. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  7. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  8. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer randomly shuts off and it does not appear to be overheating or the PSU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly shuts off and it does not appear to be overheating or the PSU: Over the last couple of months my windows computer has been randomly shutting down. This typically occurs during the original loading of relatively simple games examples include League of Legends, Divinity Original Sin 2, Civilization VI, and Stratechery and occur after it...
  10. Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot manually control fan speed - computer constantly overhating: Does software exist that allows me to control my fans speeds? Msi afterburner doesn't work unfortunately, the fan speed setting is greyed out. I've seen lots of people complaining of the same issue but no one seems to have a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't...