Windows 10: computer ownership

Discus and support computer ownership in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My niece gave me her old computer because it wasn't working. I replaced the mother board, and it is working now. It had windows 8.1 on it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RogerCarson, Dec 22, 2018.

1. computer ownership

My niece gave me her old computer because it wasn't working. I replaced the mother board, and it is working now. It had windows 8.1 on it. I installed windows 10. How do I take this computer off of her microsoft account and put it on my microsoft account.

:)

RogerCarson, Dec 22, 2018

2. Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 22, 2018
  4. computer ownership

change ownership of computer

I want to change the ownership of an ACER computer.

JAMESREED2, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

computer ownership

1. computer ownership - Similar Threads - computer ownership

2. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  3. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change a computer's ownership: HelloI have a computer laptop with my Microsoft Account. I want to give this computer to another person with a different Microsoft Account to own. So when this other person logs in turns on the computer they can see their name and enter their PIN as if they bought the...
  4. How to change a computer's ownership

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...: To do this I have to get 'Full Control' permission for my Admin/Owner account. Every time I try to change the permissions to give me full control for the Installation process I get a "Unable to save permission Changes. How can I, as the Admin, be denied this access? And how...
  6. I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...

I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...: To do this I have to get 'Full Control' permission for my Admin/Owner account. Every time I try to change the permissions to give me full control for the Installation process I get a "Unable to save permission Changes. How can I, as the Admin, be denied this access? And how...
  7. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...: This is a home-built computer running Windows 10. How do I completely remove my Microsoft User Account and personal information from the computer and transfer 100% ownership to my wife and have only her Microsoft Account information on the computer? I don't want her listed as...
  8. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...: This is a home-built computer running Windows 10. How do I completely remove my Microsoft User Account and personal information from the computer and transfer 100% ownership to my wife and have only her Microsoft Account information on the computer? I don't want her listed as...
  9. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

10. How do I change the ownership of a computer given to me from a fellow who died? Windows 10.

How do I change the ownership of a computer given to me from a fellow who died? Windows 10.: A friend of mine passed away recently and his widow gave me the man's computer. How do I delete his name and make the computer mine? His widow erased most of the files....