Windows 10: Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

Discus and support Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've had an issue with this update for a while now. I've gone as far as disabling updates to completely stop it from installing, and I just recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DDRDiesel, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

So I've had an issue with this update for a while now. I've gone as far as disabling updates to completely stop it from installing, and I just recently did a full backup as a precaution

I decided to try installing it again and the issue is returned. After the update, my PC (which is no slouch at all) comes to a screeching halt. It's not completely frozen, but so slow that it might as well be. Task Manager reports no issues with usage, but this is like if the CPU was getting throttled by 99%+. I'd hate to have to stop all updates in perpetuity just because this one causes this issue, but I can't find anything or anyone that has this problem.

Intel i7 3770k 32 GB DDR4 SSD OS drive 2x nVidia GTX 960 in SLI

submitted by /u/DDRDiesel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DDRDiesel, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit- After version 2004 - problems - computer slow and internet connection slow too

I've been suffering with slow boot, slow response of programs and lots of "program not responding" type issues since the 2004 upgrade. I've tried quite a few of the suggested fixes shown on various forums - none have worked. Today, I've had two updates:
    KB4565627 and KB4565503, since when my computer is working really well. Clearly something(s) in one of both of the updates cured my problems.

HarryWhite52, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

1. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Computer painstakingly slow

2. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  3. Computer slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slow after update: After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes takes up to a minute! After a bit of use, I found that the same applied to not just startup, but everything. Loading steam,...
  4. slow computer after win 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow computer after win 10 2004 update: This update completely ruined a good gaming Dell computer! The update took 8 hours to install and not only did it slow my computer to a crawl, it erased all of the restore points, made me select a pin for a sign in instead of my Microsoft account password, games that worked...
  5. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update: Today I upgraded to the newest 2004 build after my pc said there was an update to be installed. I didn't check but I should have probably to see what this update is. I just clicked restart and update... However got two issues now: BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area...
  6. slow computer after update

slow computer after update: i had the same issue after an update but my update number wasnt the same as the one everyone else is complaining about. i couldnt find an update to match that one. however microsoft edge had been installed on the my computer and although i am having issues with uninstalling...
  7. Slow Computer After Security Update

Slow Computer After Security Update: So on June 14th, I think, I awoke to find my PC rebooted presumably due to an update. Since that time the PC has run incredibly slow. Every component is sluggish. If I open more than a few apps, it crashes. Video conferencing is impossible. Excel takes seconds to switch...
  8. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,: My Windows 10 starting on very slow after windows 10 , 2004 update now what i do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-booting-very-slow-after-2004-update/795f6886-8305-4555-b769-a6ca3cd7cc75
  9. Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.: I updated Windows and finally solved some problems (system file checker giving errors and rare bsod), but unfortunately now when I launch an app it takes like a minute to open it. It doesn't happen with every app, but all browsers are affected, Steam for example is not...
  10. Computer very slow after update

Computer very slow after update: My computer did a Windows update this morning, and now I can hardly use it because it is so slow! What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-very-slow-after-update/1cd14a97-b2be-49ec-974e-1f17cd306c3e