Windows 10: Computer Password Forgotten

Discus and support Computer Password Forgotten in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was going to buy a laptop from a coworker who hardly speaks english and he is not computer savvy. Nor am I when it comes to my question. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryantFountain1, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Computer Password Forgotten

I was going to buy a laptop from a coworker who hardly speaks english and he is not computer savvy. Nor am I when it comes to my question. I want to clean the computer and delete the viruses and malware found on it but, It wants a computer owner password. My co-worker can't remember since he has not been on it in over a year. So how do I do this? The comp is no good to me in its current condition. He has no login to it, so I am able to get in it. I can go to any apps and browser, but I cant install any updates because it shows errors. I have wifi hooked to it but can't google anything because it will say cant find site. Can someone please help???

:)

BryantFountain1, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Jan 31, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Computer Password Forgotten

forgotten user password

Do you use a Microsoft Account to login to your computer? If so, you can reset it online. If not, your options locally are limited to doing things like a factory reset (so your computer is "good as new" and you can pick a new password that you want to
    use).

Here's a listing of all your options to reset a forgotten Windows Password.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Computer Password Forgotten

1. Computer Password Forgotten - Similar Threads - Computer Password Forgotten

2. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  3. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  4. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  5. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  6. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Forgotten Password

Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  8. Forgotten password to open my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  9. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 password forgotten