Windows 10: Computer Password Incorrect

Discus and support Computer Password Incorrect in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I logged onto my computer just a few hours ago with no issue at all. A few hours later, I came to log onto my computer and there was a PIN code... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TristonSmith, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Computer Password Incorrect

Hello, I logged onto my computer just a few hours ago with no issue at all. A few hours later, I came to log onto my computer and there was a PIN code password that appeared, I have never used a PIN code. I went to sign-in options and went to type in my normal password. When I typed in my password it said it was incorrect. I know it’s not incorrect because I have the password hidden in my wallpaper so I would never forget it. Nobody has been at my house to change my password. I have tried logging in using the safe-mode trick with the Shift-Restart thing but it didn’t work. What can I do to log

:)

TristonSmith, Aug 17, 2021
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 17, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Computer Password Incorrect

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Computer Password Incorrect

1. Computer Password Incorrect - Similar Threads - Computer Password Incorrect

2. incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  3. incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    incorrect password: I cant sign in to my computer. It says incorrect password. Im using Microsoft account and im connected to network so I dont know what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password/4b4ae8de-e41e-4597-abc2-e921038dea6a
  4. password incorrect

password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  5. password incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    password incorrect: Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1371 on 15.12.21 has left my PC unusable. The update has corrupted my account and I cannot sign in to perform an uninstall etc as my password to my Microsoft account is incorrect even though I can sign in with it on my laptop. The only option...
  6. "Password is incorrect"

"Password is incorrect": Hello,My password is 100% correct, I can check it using the eye icon on the right of where you type it in. But it still says "password incorrect". Normally it would unlock as soon as I typed in the full password, but now even after pressing enter it says it's incorrect.This...
  7. computer will not open. incorrect password .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer will not open. incorrect password .: computer will not open asks for password but is allways incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-open-incorrect-password/efec8b1b-5df2-450e-bd5d-047df791e92c"
  8. Incorrect password

Incorrect password: i just set up an outlook.com account in a new laptop. When i attemp to sign into the laptop i keep getting a message that my password is incorrect. I tried to reset it but i receive a message stating i need a usb flash drive to change it, which i do not have. Any suggestions?...
  9. Password Incorrect? No access whatsoever to computer

Password Incorrect? No access whatsoever to computer: Help! I am working off an HP laptop running windows 10. Every time I try to log in to my laptop with the password I have always used, it says that it is incorrect. When I click on forgot my password, it tells me it can’t contact the system administrator. I’ve **** down and...
  10. Password Incorrect? No access whatsoever to computer

Password Incorrect? No access whatsoever to computer: Help! I am working off an HP laptop running windows 10. Every time I try to log in to my laptop with the password I have always used, it says that it is incorrect. When I click on forgot my password, it tells me it can’t contact the system administrator. I’ve **** down and...