Windows 10: Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

Discus and support Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SuzanHeatly, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no longer recall the password. I am trying to share between two of my computers at home and I need the password. The only password I have been able to update is my Microsoft one and it's not that. It's not the PIN.Help?It's the password I would have used on my computer when I first set it up and then went to PIN. I have t

:)

SuzanHeatly, Sep 22, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer

Helping users to reset / crack Windows sign-in credentials is a difficult and controversial topic. We wouldn't want to, and it wouldn't be right to assist people to get into other users accounts.

In your case the first thing I noticed when reading your post was the highlighted part in above quote. It simply can't be true that you set up a picture password without knowing your password; to set up a picture password you must first verify you are the account owner by entering your password:

Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers [​IMG]

My suggestion is that to sign in to Windows you use the same password you had to know and use when you created the picture password.

4. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

Forgotten Password

I use my pin to log in and have for a long time AND have now forgotten my computer password. How do I locate it and/or change it?

D Scott Gilbertsen, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

1. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers - Similar Threads - Computer Password PIN

2. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password: I accidentally disabled some windows services and when I restarted the PIN wasn’t working anymore. So I had to use my normal password but I forgot that one. Then I tried to select “forgot password” but then I got the system error: error in stack-bufferI saw some...
  3. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password: I accidentally disabled some windows services and when I restarted the PIN wasn’t working anymore. So I had to use my normal password but I forgot that one. Then I tried to select “forgot password” but then I got the system error: error in stack-bufferI saw some...
  4. Can’t get into computer because of pin error and forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  6. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  7. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  8. Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Password PIN Used - Password Forgotten - Sharing Computers: HiI have tried calling Microsoft on their local number to be told they don't do telephone support any more. I am unable to find where I'm supposed to go now, hence posting here.I am using Windows 10, running Office 2019.I have been using PINs on my computer for years and no...
  9. Computer Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Password Forgotten: I was going to buy a laptop from a coworker who hardly speaks english and he is not computer savvy. Nor am I when it comes to my question. I want to clean the computer and delete the viruses and malware found on it but, It wants a computer owner password. My co-worker...
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...