Windows 10: Computer Password

Discus and support Computer Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to Find My Computers Password. I can start the computer and all is OK. I just want to find the password without resetting it or changing it. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickSStarr, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Computer Password

I want to Find My Computers Password. I can start the computer and all is OK.

I just want to find the password without resetting it or changing it.

I know the User Name by "whoami".

I have looked in the registry under winlogon and looked for "default password"

but it is not located anywhere in registry under any keys.

The reason I want to find the Password is that in Chrome I want to see the passwords stored

and in order to do that I need the Windows User Name - Know it, and password - Don't Know.

Again, I do not want to change it or reset it, just find out what it is.

Thanks.

:)

RickSStarr, Jan 14, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 14, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Computer Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Computer Password

1. Computer Password - Similar Threads - Computer Password

2. Reconnect computer after wifi password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reconnect computer after wifi password change: I changed my wifi password yesterday and have been unable to change the password on my HP computer in Windows 10. The forget network instructions do not work....
  3. New computer- Entered phone number and changed the password and it is saying I am someone else

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New computer- Entered phone number and changed the password and it is saying I am someone else: I got a new computer and it asked for my phone number I put it in and changed the password and it is saying I am someone else help me with this please * Moved from education * Original title: this is not me...
  4. Windows 10 wants password to access shared computer - Shared computer requires no password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wants password to access shared computer - Shared computer requires no password: PC "A" is set to share with no password requirement. PC "A" also has a printer that is set to share on network. Other PCs on network can access computer "A" and print to computer "A" printer. New Windows 10 PC, "B" can't access "A". Computer "B" asks for password when...
  5. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen: I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to...
  6. Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote log in when remote computer has rebooted to password screen: I use Team Viewer to remotely login to my home desktop computer from my laptop. If for some reason the home desktop has rebooted, it will not complete the reboot unless the password is used. When that happens I cannot gain access. I tried eliminating the password by going to...
  7. Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password: Tried to boot uo in Safe Mode to fix a problem with 3rd party software. It asks for a Password which I haven't used in years / am used to using a Pin. I'm in Florida for 3 months and my password is written down in Ohio. How can I get signed in to my Computer? I have tried...
  8. Unlock my files I transferred from another computer where folder was password protected

Unlock my files I transferred from another computer where folder was password protected: OK, before I retired, I transferred all my my personal files from my work computer to a flash drive. On the work computer, the folder with my personal files had a password. Now, on my home computer, everything appears with a "lock" over it. I remember the password, but...
  9. HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Password incorrect after restarting computer in safe mode?: Not sure what to do aside from wipe the computer in safe mode? Already tried resetting my password on another device ... the PC is connected to the internet via ethernet cable but I don't think that it's connected. submitted by /u/Unlucky-Spell [link] [comments]...
  10. I want to know how to sign in my new computer without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to know how to sign in my new computer without a password: I want to know how I can set up logging into my compute with a password, I can do it on my old computer with my Microsoft compter and window 10...