Windows 10: Computer pausing problem

Discus and support Computer pausing problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently did the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8, it worked fine for day, then it blanked out and now about every second, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joshua_cc1000, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Computer pausing problem

Hi,

I recently did the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8, it worked fine for day, then it blanked out and now about every second, the screen pauses for a second and carries on as if nothing happened. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

:)

joshua_cc1000, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer pausing problem

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Computer pausing problem

1. Computer pausing problem - Similar Threads - Computer pausing problem

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer pauses

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer pauses: My computer pauses on one frame, audio continues, and then quickly speeds up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-pauses/67de34cd-e4ec-4e6c-9814-140a55145060
  6. Update pause problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update pause problem: I think I must have accidentally clicked on Pause for 7 days at some point. When I discovered that it now said Updates will resume on June 26 I clicked on Pause for 7 days to cancel it. No box opened for me to make a change, so I clicked on it again. Then I discovered...
  7. Computer goes into pause constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer goes into pause constantly: I can open and work on my computer for a while, but then it stops working. The blue pause donut comes up and it freezes. The repair man said it looks like something is running in the background to overload it. He has cleared unnecessary items, but it has not helped. He...
  8. Bitlocker Paused Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Paused Problem: I started encrypting a USB HDD and had to put BitLocker on pause at about 2% using the pause button. When I tried to continue Bitlocker says that the process is still paused and I can't get it to restart. The HDD is now locked with BitLocker. I have tried the commands...
  9. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  10. Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus computer consistently freezes; pausing screen and keyboard: My computer has been doing this since Thursday. It's been hard to manage as it comes unexpectedly and the only method to reset it is to turn off my computer. This is the model I think, I got it refurbished but this never happened in the beginning. (...