Windows 10: Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed

Discus and support Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer suddently becomes very slow, even when no other applications are running. Even task manager crawls. I have identified that whenever an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James Voisin, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed

My computer suddently becomes very slow, even when no other applications are running. Even task manager crawls. I have identified that whenever an update is to be done, my PC will basically become intolerably unusable until I perform the upgrade. I do not feel that Microsoft should have the ability to dictate my computer performance due to an upgrade in queue. Is there a solution or should I buy an Apple computer?

:)

James Voisin, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

can't perform inplace upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to perform an in-place upgrade due to having not enough space for your partition. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your system reserved partition. It will provide you instructions to increase the available space of your System Reserved Partition.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 1, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 slow performance after upgrade

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• After upgrading to windows 10 did you try update drivers?
    Issue: Slow performance

Method: 1

Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method: 2

Perform Clean Boot

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a “clean boot” in Windows

Refer to Windows 8.1 steps, as they are applicable to Windows 10.

Note: Refer
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Issue:
    VIDEO FREEZES

Update drivers

I would like you to update the drivers of the computer.

Follow the steps below to update the graphics card drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard
    • Go to device manager
    • Right-click your display/graphic/video and audio/sound/realtek
      drivers.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Please reply us with the above information & status to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed

1. Computer performance Diminished due to a Microsoft OS Upgrade needeing to be performed - Similar Threads - Computer performance Diminished

2. Pixelated letters due to performance changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelated letters due to performance changes: I forgot how I did it exactly but I changed performance from monitor to computer and I want to revert it back I believe I used performance monitor but I completely forgot how I did it....
  3. Pixelated letters due to performance changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated letters due to performance changes: I forgot how I did it exactly but I changed performance from monitor to computer and I want to revert it back I believe I used performance monitor but I completely forgot how I did it....
  4. Pixelated letters due to performance changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow performance due to unknown reasons.

Slow performance due to unknown reasons.: So, the issue started after Windows Feature Update 2004. My laptop which is only a month old began to lag and it was unable to open Office apps quickly and slowly the issue spread to not being able to multi task in Word and MS Teams simultaneously, unresponsive apps etc. I...
  6. Performance issues after an upgrade due to System process

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performance issues after an upgrade due to System process: I am posting this in case it helps anyone else out there that has the same problem as I did. I actually found a lot of places online that were addressing similar issues but all of them panned out except that some of them gave me ideas on how to troubleshoot my problem. This...
  7. Performances and Cloud centric OS

Performances and Cloud centric OS: I've always beenfascinated by cloudcomputing. I've alwaysused hardware todo calculus, soI've always wantedspeed. As aresult, I have ahigh-speed internet line as well.Windows 10 Proseems to bea hybrid OS:if it's goodin the cloud,if it's notgood on yourPC. I've almostalways...
  8. Windows OS performance issue

Windows OS performance issue: Split from this thread. Hi, I'd personally advise against installing this optional update. My PC has lost all network wired and wireless adapter connection. Edge and Windows Update cannot connect. Comodo Firewall also now fails to start and had to be uninstalled....
  9. Computer Performance

Computer Performance: So I have been experiencing random lag spikes on my Windows 10 computer for a while now. It isn't big lag spikes but what happens is that everything (I mean everything) stops for about three quarters of a second. It also repeats for pretty much exactly every six seconds. It...
  10. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564